The ISSP Sustainability Professional Certification Program will reach an important milestone this summer when we begin beta tests for the ISSP Sustainability Associate and ISSP Certified Sustainability Professional designations.
Hartford, CT (PRWEB) June 30, 2015
The International Society of Sustainability Professionals (ISSP) announced that a new leadership team has been elected by its Board of Directors. The new officers assume their roles as ISSP prepares to offer its ISSP Sustainability Professional Certifications to the industry later this year.
The new ISSP leadership team consists of:
- Marilyn Johnson, Senior Director of Corporate Sustainability for IHS, Bellevue, WA. Marilyn is now President of ISSP for the current 2015-2016 one-year term.
- Jeff Yorzyk, Senior Program Manager, Cardno Asset Management Group, Golden, Colorado is new Vice President of ISSP.
- Marsha Willard, Principal of AXIS Performance Advisors, Portland, OR, was re- elected as Secretary of ISSP.
- Graham Russell, Principal of TruPoint Advisors, Denver, CO, will continue to serve as Treasurer of ISSP.
- Simon Harvey, Director of BusinessLAB, Auckland, New Zealand, is now Development Director of ISSP.
- Julian Crawford, Director of EY Sustainability Services, Sydney, Australia, will continue to stay active in ISSP in his new role as Past President of ISSP.
To see a listing of all current ISSP Board members, click here.
“I'm humbled and excited to be given this opportunity to lead ISSP during this exciting time,” said Marilyn Johnson as she commented on of her new role as President of ISSP. “The countless hours of work that ISSP members and partner organizations have invested in developing the ISSP Sustainability Professional Certification Program will reach an important milestone this summer when we begin beta tests for the ISSP Sustainability Associate and ISSP Certified Sustainability Professional designations. ISSP Past President Julian Crawford has done an extraordinary job providing the vision to help us bring a set of universally recognized credentials to the profession of Sustainability. I look forward to continuing this important work with this outstanding Board of talented and passionate professionals, in my new role with ISSP.”
The International Society of Sustainability Professionals (ISSP) is the world's leading professional association for sustainability professionals. ISSP is a member-driven association committed to moving the profession of sustainability forward through building strong networks and communities of practice. Webinars, online courses, a sustainability educational certificate, sustainability professional’s body of knowledge, special reports, resource directories, salary surveys and development of a certification program for sustainability professionals are just a sampling of the rich content offered to members. Formed in 2007, ISSP boasts almost 1000 members from every region of the world. Members share resources and best practices, and develop themselves professionally.