Winston-Salem, NC (PRWEB) June 30, 2015
What began five years ago as a program to help contain the rising cost of healthcare for the company and its associates is now a movement that is comfortably a part of Inmar’s culture. From the bikes that line the company’s bike storage room to the backpacks filled with gym clothes for lunchtime workouts at the Innovation Quarter YMCA, Inmar’s corporate headquarters in Winston-Salem’s Wake Forest Innovation Quarter is full of driven professionals who are passionate about their work and their wellness.
And, the team is putting up the numbers to prove their commitment is paying off. Inmar was named the Healthiest Employer for the second consecutive year by the Triad Business Journal and has been in the top three in its category for five consecutive years.
In addition to logging more time with their sit/stand desks in the stand position:
- In 2014, overall inpatient health claims spend decreased by 24% from the prior year.
- Cardiac as a percent of admissions decreased from 12.5% to 8.3%.
- Inmar's plan experienced more than $600,000 in savings through associate participation in the Cigna Health Advocacy Program and Medical Management.
- Inmar has consistently had over 90 percent participation in its Wellness Program.
- In 2014, more than 200 associates and family members participated in the company’s second annual 5K; some participants had never run or walked a 5K.
And, during a time of increasing healthcare costs, the premiums associates pay for health insurance within Inmar’s plan have not increase over the past two years.
“We are, of course, very pleased with the statistics we’re seeing from the program,” says Inmar Chairman and CEO David Mounts. “But, it’s the people and lives behind these statistics that are the real story. When we improve our wellness, we change our legacies and improve quality of our life for ourselves and our families.”
# # #
Inmar is a technology company that operates intelligent commerce networks. Our platforms connect offline and online transactions in real time for leading retailers, manufacturers and trading partners across multiple industries who rely on Inmar to securely manage billions of dollars in transactions. Our Promotions, Supply Chain and Healthcare platforms enable commerce, generate meaningful data and offer growth-minded leaders actionable analytics and execution with real-time visibility. Founded in 1980, Inmar is headquartered in Winston-Salem, North Carolina with locations throughout the United States, Mexico and Canada.
For more information about Inmar’s products and services, please call 866.440.6917 or visit http://www.inmar.com.