The SAE 2015 Thermal Management System Symposium expands its programming content to focus on environmental regulatory requirements and the technologies to meet them.
WARRENDALE, Pa. (PRWEB) July 06, 2015
SAE International announces the SAE 2015 Thermal Management System Symposium event, which will be held September 29-October 1, 2015 in Troy, Mich.
With the advent of new vehicle powertrains such as hybrid, electric and fuel cell, how to handle vehicle heating and cooling has become a paramount issue in the mobility industry. All thermal management systems, including mobile air conditioning systems, require new concepts to provide passenger compartment heating and cooling as well as heating and cooling of batteries and cooling of vehicle fuel systems.
The SAE 2015 Thermal Management System Symposium expands its programming content to focus on environmental regulatory requirements and the technologies to meet them. Leading experts from the United States, Europe, and Asia will speak about cutting-edge thermal management technology and regulation compliance strategies. Significant research and development money is being spent by this industry as the stakes are high when it comes to emissions and direct energy consumption by vehicles.
The symposium will cover specific topics including:
- Advanced/Alternative Propulsion and Thermal Systems
- Alternative Powertrain/Hybrid Battery Thermal Management
- Alternative Refrigerants and A/C Systems
- Heat Exchangers-Design and Manufacturing
- Powertrain Cooling
- Simulation of Thermal Systems
- Thermal Comfort and Cabin Air Quality
- Thermal Processes
- Underhood Thermal Management
- Vehicle Climate Control Systems
- Thermal System Components
Speakers will include:
- Chris Cowland (Tuesday, Sept. 29, 8 a.m.) - Director of Advanced Powertrain & SRT FCA
- Brady D. Ericson (Wednesday, Sept. 30, 8 a.m.) - President and General Manager BorgWarner Emissions Systems
- Steven Strepek (Thursday, Oct. 1, 8 a.m.) - Chief Engineer, Engine Systems Management Team Navistar
To learn more about this event, visit https://www.sae.org/events/tmss/. To request press credentials, email pr(at)sae(dot)org or call 1-724-772-8522.
SAE International is a global association committed to being the ultimate knowledge source for the engineering profession. By uniting over 137,000 engineers and technical experts, we drive knowledge and expertise across a broad spectrum of industries. We act on two priorities: encouraging a lifetime of learning for mobility engineering professionals and setting the standards for industry engineering. We strive for a better world through the work of our charitable arm, the SAE Foundation, which helps fund programs like A World in Motion® and the Collegiate Design Series™.