These videos take viewers inside labs and research centers to learn how design engineers are improving product quality, increasing vehicle safety, reducing costs, decreasing environmental impact and achieving regulatory compliance.
Warrendale, Pa. (PRWEB) July 07, 2015
SAE International now offers the “Spotlight on Design” series filled with insightful, compelling videos on the latest technologies and trends in the automotive, aerospace, and commercial vehicle industries.
These videos take viewers inside labs and research centers to learn how design engineers are improving product quality, increasing vehicle safety, reducing costs, decreasing environmental impact and achieving regulatory compliance. Featuring exclusive interviews with industry experts and in-depth coverage of real-world case studies, Spotlight on Design shows viewers how new technologies are being applied today, and how they will affect the industry tomorrow.
A full season subscription includes seven main episodes (20-30 minutes in length), and six “Insight” episodes (7-11 minute segments featuring extended coverage of particular case studies). Subscriptions include all future releases – season 2 currently is in production and scheduled for release in late 2015. This product is also available by individual episodes on DVD and streaming format.
Spotlight on Design Season 1 main episodes include:
- Automated Vehicles: Sensors and Future Technologies
- Composite Materials: Advanced Materials and Lightweighting
- Counterfeit Electric Parts: Supply Chains at Risk
- Diagnostics and Prognostics: Proactive Maintenance and Failure Prevention
- Fuel Efficiency: Racing Towards CAFE 2025
- Sensors: Advanced Safety
- Sensors: Miniaturization and Testing
Spotlight on Design Season 1 “Insight” episodes include:
- Automated Vehicles: Converging Sensor Data
- Composite Materials: New Trends in Automotive Design
- Diagnostics and Prognostics: Telematics Deep Dive
- Fuel Efficiency: Fuel Economy Testing
- Sensors: Noise Avoidance and Cable Manufacturing
- Sensors: Fluid Measurement and Avionics
Watch Spotlight on Design video trailers at https://sod.sae.org/.
SAE International is a global association committed to being the ultimate knowledge source for the engineering profession. By uniting over 137,000 engineers and technical experts, we drive knowledge and expertise across a broad spectrum of industries. We act on two priorities: encouraging a lifetime of learning for mobility engineering professionals and setting the standards for industry engineering. We strive for a better world through the work of our charitable arm, the SAE Foundation, which helps fund programs like A World in Motion® and the Collegiate Design Series™.