New York, NY (PRWEB) July 08, 2015
The Sentiment Analysis Symposium 2015 – the premier event for social intelligence and cognitive computing – is ready to welcome top brands, speakers and attendees leading the way in the fields of analytics and big data from July 15-16 at the New York Academy of Sciences. Attendees can network with fellow strategists, researchers, legislators, managers and traders from major consumer brands including Hallmark, Lenovo and Verizon; tech sector leaders like ABBYY, Lexalytics, Oracle, SAS and Wipro; social media standouts such as Etsy, Instagram, Rant & Rave and Socialgist; agency innovators from Millward Brown, MotiveQuest and Converseon; top financial institutions like Bank of America, Wells Fargo and the Federal Reserve Board; as well as thought leaders from companies including Amyx McKinsey, Cision, IDC and more.
Speakers will cover healthcare, market research, customer experience and social engagement, with presentations on topics such as measuring and combating gender biases in the workplace, perfecting customer interactions with real-time analytics, enterprise speech-to-text and how to detect pervasive issues early and develop future products through VOC analytics. The outstanding speakers include:
- Francesco D’Orazio, a social science and digital media researcher who is CIO at UK agency FACE and vice president at Pulsar Social
- Lukas Biewald, co-founder and CEO of Crowdflower, a leading data enrichment platform
- Forrester Research data insights analyst Anjali Lai, who will speak at the symposium on “A Comprehensive Research Approach to Customer Understanding”
- Joel Robinson, former chief research officer at the Advertising Research Foundation, who will be joined by Rob Key, CEO of social agency Converseon, for a talk on “The Predictive Nature of Social Data”
- James Ross, CEO of HedgeChatter, whose core business is generating social media stock sentiment signals
- Scott Amyx, a thought leader in wearables computing and Internet of Things
- Synthexis CEO Sue Feldman, who has been instrumental in shaping market research and understanding in search and text analytics
The Sentiment Analysis Symposium has attracted eight sponsoring companies. MeaningCloud from Madrid-based Daedalus, Lexalytics, Oxford University spin-out TheySay, DandelionAPI from Italy’s SpazioDati and Revealed Context from social marketing agency Converseon all provide cloud text and social analysis services. Socialgist is a data leader and will be speaking on aggregation of Asian language social data. Social Market Analytics makes social sensible for financial markets and Emotient has pioneered emotion analytics via facial coding.
The symposium has also attracted key media partners that include StockTwits and Automated Trader in the financial sector, insights industry outlet Greenbook, data science platform KDNuggets, European language technology organization LT-Innovate, and the New York Technology Council.
Visit the symposium agenda page for information and the full program of presentations and workshops. Registration is online at sentimentsymposium.com/registration.html. Readers are invited to use the code SOCIAL for 10% off their registration. The Sentiment Analysis Symposium is on Twitter at @SentimentSymp.