"It's programs like Girls in Tech that will help foster diversity", says Torsten Kolind, Co-Founder and CEO of YouNoodle, the tech platform and global network powering the Lady Pitch Night Competition. "We're 100% committed to leveling
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) July 09, 2015
Girls in Tech http://www.girlsintech.org, an organization focused on the empowerment, engagement, and education of women in technology, along with Go Daddy, LoopUp, and YouNoodle, is hosting a half-day pitch competition for early-stage technology startups for female entrepreneurs. A panel of seasoned tech professionals and investors will be judging based on the innovativeness and viability of the product or service. The competition will take place at NASDAQ Entrepreneurial Center located at 505 Howard Street in San Francisco, on Tuesday, November 10, 2015. Winners will receive a cash prize along with additional resources such as office space provided by RocketSpace, and equipment, to move their startup forward!
To be eligible to compete, the below criteria must be met by the company:
- Must have a developed technology (software, hardware, mobile product)
- Must have at least one female founder
- Must be headquartered in the region where the competition is being held
- Must be between 6 and 36 months old
All ages and industries are welcome. The evening will also feature inspiring keynote speeches by well-known talented technologists, academics, diplomats, and some of the most successful female startup founders who have reached successful milestones in their careers. To close the night, libations and appetizers will be served celebrating the applicants, finalists, and winner!
For more information on rules and how to apply, visit Girls in Tech Lady Pitch Night online at: http://girlsintech.org/ladypitchnightsf/.
Key Dates To Remember:
- Wednesday, July 8, 2015 : Applications open!
- Thursday, October 1, 2015: Deadline to Submit Your Full “Application”
- Thursday, October 15, 2015: 10 Finalists notified and introduced to mentors
- Week of October 19, 2015: 10 Finalists interviewed
- Tuesday, November 10, 2015: 10 Finalists pitch live at NASDAQ Entrepreneurial Center in San Francisco!
About Girls in Tech
Girls in Tech is the largest global organization in the sector, creating awareness of the need to recognize women’s contributions to technology and promoting women working in the workforce. With over 47 active chapters and approximately 22,000 members, the organization provides Global Classroom courses, coding and design boot camps, confidence-building and product development, entrepreneurial and leadership programming, business pitch competitions, hackathons, networking events, conferences, and sponsors young girls in high school and middle school to participate in STEM workshops.