Driving traffic and excitement to the casino floor is what TournEvent® is all about, and we’re seeing that the secret is out and slot players from across the country are focused on the opportunity to compete for the Championship.
Las Vegas, Nevada (PRWEB) July 09, 2015
Multimedia Games, a GCA Inc. company (NYSE: GCA), is hosting the TournEvent of Champions in collaboration with casinos across the country to crown the nation’s best slot tournament player.
Through June, the first 58 casino finalists have qualified to compete for the national title at the Wynn’s XS Nightclub in Las Vegas on September 29-30, 2015. Qualifying rounds will continue into September with more than 175 slot players expected to compete for the National Championship and a grand prize of $1 million.
The June qualifiers are:
- Linda Sue Smith, Kokomo, Ind., Hoosier Park Racing & Casino
- Michael Hoff, Anderson, Ind., Hoosier Park Racing & Casino
- James Potts, Kokomo, Ind., Hoosier Park Racing & Casino
- Benjamin Padilla, Williams, Calif., Colusa Casino Resort
- Roy Hathaway, Hammond, Ind., Majestic Star Casino & Hotel
- Jeffrey Peschke, Crown Point, Ind., Majestic Star Casino & Hotel
- Kit Sengone, Porterville, Calif., Eagle Mountain Casino
- Linda Denney, Indianapolis, Ind., Indiana Grand Racing & Casino
- Charles Guhl, New Palestine, Ind., Indiana Grand Racing & Casino
- Demitra Aaron, Indianapolis, Ind., Indiana Grand Racing & Casino
- Cheryl Lieberman, Centerville, Ohio, Miami Valley Gaming
- Axel Johnson, Ludington, Mich., Little River Casino Resort
- Billy Elwell, Prudenville, Mich., Little River Casino Resort
- Michael Makowski, Traverse City, Mich., Little River Casino Resort
- Wanda Coulson, Midland, Mich., Little River Casino Resort
- Maureen Sharpe, Carmichael, Calif., Thunder Valley Casino Resort
- Dawn Flaming, Sacramento, Calif., Thunder Valley Casino Resort
- Daeng Viengxay, Madison, Wisc., Ho-Chunk Gaming Madison
- LaNita Halloway, Woodward, Okla., Riverwind Casino
- Cynthia Baker, Guthrie, Okla., Riverwind Casino
- Barbara Sperry, New Lisbon, Wisc., Ho-Chunk Gaming Black River Falls
- Elise Olson, Eau Claire, Wisc., Ho-Chunk Gaming Black River Falls
- Mary Jo Faris, Fond Du Lac, Wisc., Ho-Chunk Gaming Wisconsin Dells
- Rita Kellerman, Nekoosa, Wisc., Ho-Chunk Gaming Wisconsin Dells
- Jeffrey Krywcum, Tohawanda, New York, Seneca Niagara Casino & Hotel
- Mary Adair, Syracuse, New York, Turning Stone Resort & Casino
- Ian Kuper, Manlius, New York, Turning Stone Resort & Casino
- Donald Lee Bear Robe, Mission, S. Dakota, Rosebud Casino
- Marie Bishop, West Seneca, New York, Seneca Allegany Casino & Hotel
- Desiree Hapka, Mentor, Minn., Shooting Star Casino
- Judy Anderson, Perham, Minn., Shooting Star Casino
The in-casino qualifying competitions are approaching the halfway point and the competition is fierce said GCA CEO Ram Chary. “Many of our partner casinos, who have been with us from the beginning, are reporting record crowds. Driving traffic and excitement to the casino floor is what TournEvent® is all about, and we’re seeing that the secret is out and slot players from across the country are focused on the opportunity to compete for the Championship.”
The TournEvent of Champions takes slot tournaments to a whole new level. Two TournEvent of Champions buses are crisscrossing the country from April through August, visiting 22 states with more than 250,000 players competing for the chance to represent their favorite casino in Las Vegas. Casinos are hosting slot leagues, semi-finals and then in-casino finals to find their top players to represent them at the National Championship.
TournEvent of Champions began in 2012 with regional competitions in California and Washington. The event crowned its first national champion in 2013 after 88 players from 77 casinos competed in the finals at Lagasse’s Stadium at The Palazzo in Las Vegas. The 2014 event expanded to 123 players from 98 casinos and a total purse of $500,000. In 2015, TournEvent of Champions is expecting more than 175 players from 100 casinos to compete for the $1 million top prize. TournEvent of Champions tour buses are sponsored by Strictly Slots, Effinet, Norwegian Cruise Line, Virtex Enterprises, Transact, PC Promotions, CS Creative Surfaces, Andover Audio, Sequel Data Systems, Unistar-Sparco Computers, Sunkist Graphics, Cole Kepro, Gary Platt Mfg., Suzo Happ, AMW Precision, Columbus Data Systems, and VSR Industries.
About Multimedia Games, Inc.
Multimedia Games, Inc., a GCA company (NYSE: GCA), develops and distributes gaming technology from its operations, technology and manufacturing facilities in Austin, Texas. The company is a creator and supplier of comprehensive systems, content and electronic gaming units for Native American and commercial casinos. Revenue is derived from gaming units in operation on revenue-sharing arrangements as well as from the sale of gaming units and systems that feature proprietary game content and game themes licensed from others. Multimedia Games also supplies the central determinant system for the video lottery terminals ("VLTs") installed at racetracks in the State of New York. The company was recently listed as one of Fortune’s 100 Fastest-Growing Companies of 2014. Please visit http://www.multimediagames.com, twitter.com/MultimediaGames or facebook.com/MultimediaGames, where Multimedia Games discloses important information about the company, its sales, and its business.
About the TournEvent of Champions®
The TournEvent of Champions is a collaboration between Multimedia Games, a GCA company, and top casinos across the country to bring unprecedented competition, intensity and glory to the casino floor through a national slot tournament, crowning the industry’s only Slot Tournament National Champion. The first TournEvent of Champions took place in 2013 with 88 players, representing 77 casinos competing for the national title and $100,000 grand prize. The 2014 TournEvent of Champions hosted 123 players from 103 casinos, with $500,000 in total prize money, including a Champion’s share of $200,000. In 2015, over 175 players from more than 100 casinos are expected to compete for a prize purse of $1.3 million, including a Champion’s grand prize share of $1 million (see complete contest rules for prize disbursement governance)*.
*Grand prize awarded using periodic payments over 20 years.