Ocean and Monmouth Counties, New Jersey (PRWEB) July 14, 2015
Preferred Limousine (http://www.preferredlimo.net) released today their helpful criteria for selecting the best transportation company to meet consumers’ needs.
“There are a myriad of companies to choose from in the limousine, taxi and car service transportation world”, according to Preferred Limo Partner, John D’Araneo. “From behemoth companies with hundreds of cars in their fleet to one or two car mom and pop outfits. From taxi companies to Uber drivers to shuttle services.”
So how do you pick the best one that gives you the service you need at a price that works for you?
Here are three pointers from Preferred Limousine and Car Service to help you eliminate the noise and narrow down your choices to the best options for you:
1. What’s your destination and how many people are in your group?
For a wedding, prom, or night out on the town with several people, a stretch limousine, van or party bus will be your best options. A party bus will be the more expensive option but you may find it surprising that a stretch limousine can be very cost effective when compared to the “per head” cost of taking a van.
Or are you just a party of one going to the airport? Sedan service or taxi service would be your best options. You may be surprised again that a professionally chauffeured sedan will be cost competitive versus taking a taxi to your destination which can often cost more than a luxury sedan. And taking a professionally chauffeured sedan ensures an on-time arrival, more leg room, more amenities and a cleaner, safer trip to your destination.
2. What are your service expectations?
Do you prefer going first class or coach? Many of us have champagne taste but are on a beer budget. Taxis, shuttle vans and Uber drivers all offer coach class service (i.e. no amenities and no real interest in exceeding your expectations). Unfortunately, these days many limousine and car service companies don’t do much better. Many of the behemoth limo companies have sacrificed customer service for growth and most mom and pop transportation outfits just don’t have the money or experience to offer high quality service and amenities at affordable prices.
The advice here is to look for a medium size, established limousine and car service company that wants to earn and keep your business. A company that only hires the most attentive drivers and offers a wide selection of vehicle types. A company that offers complimentary amenities such as bottled water, snacks, periodicals and even Wi-Fi connected tablets for viewing movies, TV shows and surfing the net. Even with the extra free amenities, the right luxury transportation company can offer very competitive rates so you really can travel in first class while paying a coach fare.
3. Is safety a concern?
Of course it is. There’s no point in selecting a transportation company that can’t get you safely to your destination. Some things to look for to ensure you choose the best company include:
- Experienced, professional drivers who hold the proper state issued certifications and who have gone through background checks and passed defensive driving education classes. Taxi and shuttle van companies and especially Uber drivers typically do not meet all these criteria. Choosing a limousine and car service with a focus on selecting and training the best professionals will make a big difference not only in your overall experience and on-time arrival but also in your safety and in the safety of your loved ones.
- Fully licensed, registered and insured. By law, taxi and limousine companies must meet several requirements and be licensed and registered in the state and municipalities where they operate. In addition, theyro must carry millions of dollars of insurance to protect their passengers in case of an accident. It may surprise you that many small outfits ignore these requirements and that all Uber drivers are not licensed or registered by any governing body. Even more shocking is that if an Uber driver gets in an accident, their personal automobile insurance policy will not cover the driver or you as a passenger because driving for Uber violates the terms of their personal insurance policy. The results could be financially and medically devastating.
- Rigorously maintained vehicles. Again, there is no point in selecting a transportation company that can’t get you safely to your destination. The last thing you need is to have the vehicle you’re travelling in break down on the way to the airport or your wedding. The best limousine and car service companies are meticulous about their vehicles and ensure their fleet is routinely serviced and maintained from stem to stern. Unfortunately many taxi services, many small mom and pop companies and many Uber drivers neglect maintaining their vehicles in an attempt to squeeze out a little more profit. That way of operating is ultimately bad for business but it could be even worse for you as a customer.
“Ultimately, we all want the greatest value for our dollar and when choosing a provider for our transportation needs we all want top notch service, first class amenities, timeliness, and safety”, says D’Araneo. Follow the above pointers to find the best limousine, sedan service or other transportation option that meets your specific needs.
About Preferred Limousine
Preferred Limousine and Car Service is a Top Rated ground transportation company and the originator of the First Class Amenities concept. The company specializes in corporate travel, airport and cruise port transfers, weddings, proms, bachelor and bachelorette parties, concerts, sporting events and special occasions. For more information visit us at http://www.preferredlimo.net and by phone at (800) 713-7750.
Contact: John D’Araneo
Phone: (800) 302-2255