San Diego, CA (PRWEB) July 16, 2015
The San Diego center currently serves 59,000 children, families and seniors in need each week. Each day, thousands of pounds of donated food must be checked for freshness, sorted, packaged and distributed to food banks and families. WICR Waterproofing & Decking was proud to be part of the volunteer shift, and looks forward to donating more time and resources to this effort.
Facts About Hunger in San Diego
- 435,560 people in San Diego County are food insecure (14% of total population).
- 161,680 children in San Diego County are food insecure.
- 67% of children at risk of hunger in San Diego County are eligible for federal nutrition programs (free or reduced-price school lunch or breakfast).
- 53,354 children in San Diego County are not eligible for federal nutrition programs, making this segment reliant upon a charitable response to hunger.
- The average cost of a meal in San Diego County is $3.17, higher than the national average of $2.79.
- The annual meal gap for San Diego County is more than 77 million meals.
For more information, please visit http://www.feedingamericasd.org
About WICR, Inc., Waterproofing and Decking
WICR, Inc. has been providing waterproofing solutions for roof decks, balcony decks, planters, courtyards, podiums, below tile systems, and more throughout Southern California, Arizona, and Nevada for over 17 years. We are deck coating specialists as well as deck construction and deck repair experts. With over 17 years of experience, WICR Waterproofing provides owners, contractors, project managers, property managers, and HOAs with the peace-of-mind that their deck construction, deck repair and waterproof coating installations are built to last. Dex-O-Tex, MerKote and Westcoat certified. http://www.wicr.net
Director of Sales and Marketing
VP of Maintenance Sales