Detroit (PRWEB) July 16, 2015
TU-Automotive: Toyota, Valeo, Volkswagen, and MIT amongst other automotive safety experts will take to the stage this October in Novi to discuss the here and now of self-driving technology. As the autonomous vehicle storms the headlines, this event will focus on the technology that can be applied today, to reach the next phase of automotive safety. The full agenda and speaker line-up has just been released on the website: http://www.tu-auto.com/autonomous/
Ruthana Foulkes, VP of Research at TU-Automotive said; “Nowhere else will you garner information that you will be able to apply as soon as you get back to the office. These active safety developments will form the crux of any self-driving vehicle – solve this and the autonomous vehicle edges closer.”
TU-Automotive conducted months of independent research to identify the following topics as key discussion points.
- ADAS VS. ACTIVE SAFETY VS. AUTONOMOUS: What exactly are the NHTSA and SAE definitions? Get to grips with the classifications to set the scene for how the tech. and legislations will develop
- COLLISION AVOIDANCE: Hazardous weather, pedestrians, intersections – no problem! Develop failsafe solutions that deal with the realities of the road – whatever the scenario
- HUMAN FACTORS: Like it or not – humans are part of the equation. How to transition from vehicle to human control? Do drivers actually want active safety tech? Tackle the twin challenges tech. and trust to build consumer buy-in
- VEHICLE SECURITY: With hacking and data corruption a very real threat to vehicle safety! Tackle data packaging, privacy and the V2X network to ensure security is at the core of every tech. decision
- THE NEXT WAVE: From integrating active safety with passive safety to the role of IoT e.g. utilizing biometric data for vehicles to base decisions – see into the future of active safety
As well as two days of conference sessions and learning, dedicated networking breaks will ensure that delegates leave with the contacts they need to move forwards with current active safety projects.
Attendees and speakers span the entire automotive safety value chain including Toyota, Valeo, Volkswagen, MIT, GM, DENSO and ITS Texas. The brochure is available to download here, including the full agenda and speaker line-up: http://www.tu-auto.com/autonomous
For more information please contact Ruthana Foulkes at [email protected] or join the conversation on Twitter with #TUAuton.
TU-Automotive is a world leader in providing events and business intelligence to the automotive technology community, covering telematics, auto mobility, autonomous vehicles and legal & insurance. You can sign up to receive free weekly updates, including exclusive industry analysis, interviews and insights at: http://www.tu-auto.com
Director | TU Automotive
7-9 Fashion Street, London, E1 6PX, UK
T: +44 (0) 20 7375 7151 (Global) / 1 800 814 3459 ext 7151 (USA Toll Free)