San Francisco, Calif., (PRWEB) July 16, 2015
AngelHack has partnered with NYC Camp, UN Women’s Group, Capital One and World Bank to take on five new civic hackathons as part of nonprofit, Code For A Cause in order to provide the power of code to minorities all over the world.
The five civic hackathons include:
- Open Source Hackathon 2015 at United Nations Plaza July 18th - 19th, 2015. This coding competition is occurring in conjunction with the NYC Camp taking place at the UN Global - Headquarters, NYC in midtown Manhattan. Attendees will come together and brainstorm creative solutions for minorities such as women and youth in tech. To find out more, visit: http://ahopensource2015.com/.
- Small Biz Dev Hackathon 2015 San Francisco Presented by Capital One August 1st - 2nd, 2015. A hackathon to innovate and give developers the opportunity to create relevant solutions that could make a lasting impact to thousands of small business owners. To find out more, visit: http://smallbizdevhack.com/.
- Small Biz Dev Hackathon 2015 Washington D.C Presented by Capital One August 8th - 9th, 2015. A hackathon to innovate and give developers the opportunity to create relevant solutions that could make a lasting impact to thousands of small business owners. To find out more, visit: http://smallbizdevhack.com/.
- Kerala Road Safety Hackathon August 22nd - 23rd, 2015. India is one of the largest contributors of road traffic injuries globally with nearly 650 deaths per day; AngelHack has teamed up with World Bank to bring together developers, designers and entrepreneurs to focus on creating solutions to this problem. To find out more, visit: http://keralaroadsafetyhack.com/.
- UNited We Hack: a Hackathon for Female Economic & Social Empowerment August 15th - 16th, 2015. The UN Women have teamed up with AngelHack to bring a predominantly women demographic to UNited We Hack: a Hackathon for Female Economic & Social Empowerment; an event to empower women socially and within the tech community. To find out more, visit: http://unitedwehack.com/.
Code For A Cause, is an organization that promotes the use of technology to help various social causes and connects developers’ with nonprofits; an initiative AngelHack CEO, Sabeen Ali, has been advocating for through various speaking engagements and TEDx Talks. Previously, CFAC has held town hall meetings and organized hackathons to facilitate meaningful conversation and effect change. Past events include:
- Hack Upon A Cause, Powered by XO Group, Inc.; NYC Hackathon with the goal of building sustainable technological solutions to better the lives of women around the world.
- Chase Appathon; A San Francisco hackathon that invites the Bay Area's best iOS developers to create a mobile payments app using Apple Pay to benefit San Francisco small businesses.
- IDEO and NYC Waste Hackathon; IDEO and NYC BigApps hackathon, organized with the aim of tackling one of NYC’s biggest problems - waste.
- EBay/PayPal Opportunity Hack; Hackathon that encouraged individuals to use their technical skills to empower organizations that were doing good in the community.
AngelHack is the world’s largest developer ecosystem, helping to drive open innovation of tech products, platforms and brands with extraordinary smarts, scale and speed. Known as pioneers of global hackathons, AngelHack’s more than 50,000 developers, designers, and entrepreneurs in 65 countries compete to build, test and launch new solutions over the course of a weekend. For more than three years AngelHack has partnered with corporate change-makers at Comcast NBCUniversal, Hasbro, IBM, Accenture, Hearst, and Cisco to run themed, global initiatives designed to rapidly prototype ideas while helping them build relationships with the workforce of the future. AngelHack’s HACKcelerator program and other education initiatives connect ambitious developers with thought leaders and experienced entrepreneurs to help them become more versatile, entrepreneurial and successful as change-makers.