Virginia Beach, VA (PRWEB) July 22, 2015
A Virginia Beach Short Sale Specialist is the best pathway for an home owner needing relief from the burden of an underwater mortgage. A Virginia Beach Short Sale Specialist can be the guide to a successful resolution and the seller moving on with a fresh start and more importantly financial piece of mind. This applies to both military/veteran and regular home owners looking to short sale.
Consider that most agents do not like or want to do short sales for many reasons. Short sales require constant attention to the every changing demands of the seller's lender and being responsive to the buyer's agent to keep them "engaged" with the short sale process.
If the real estate agent is not "engaged" the seller risks losing the buyer and restarting the timeline compounded with finding a new buyer. An experienced Virginia Beach Short Sale Specialist knows the lenders timeline requirements plus the attention to detail needed for a successful result. Keeping the seller's stress level to a minimum is a priority.
Understanding the short sale: A short sale is a sale of real estate in which the proceeds from selling the property will fall short of the balance of debts secured by liens against the property, and the property owner cannot afford to repay the liens’ full amounts. Whereby the lien holders agree to release their lien on the real estate and accept less than the amount owed on the debt. Any unpaid balance owed to the creditors is known as a deficiency. The goal of the Virginia Beach Short Sale Specialist is to minimize the deficiency if not eliminate it completely.
Things to keep in mind when considering a Virginia Beach Short Sale Specialist:
1. Do they have experience? Our team has completed numerous short sales with success - read the reviews here: https://www.zillow.com/profile/homes24134678/Reviews/.
2. Must be meticulous about paperwork and completing and submitting required documents in an expedited manner.
3. Must have a successful Attorney/REALTOR(R) relationship that works in the best interest of the seller. Read about our attorney at this link: http://www.realestatelegalservices.com/ Do they have an Attorney representing the short sale seller? This is a complex legal process and representation is a must to avoid future problems.
4. Must communicate regularly with the buyer's side agent keeping them informed all the time. The withdrawal of a buyer from the contract because of lack of updates during the process is not acceptable.
5. If a military member or veteran are they knowledgeable about VA Compromise sales? This is a great program for active duty and veterans. Learn about the Military Short Sale Program and a VA Compromise Sale at this link: http://dennisblackmore.com/va-compromise-short-sale-virginia-beach/
6. Never pay a fee. Who pays the REALTORS® commissions, closing costs, and other fees? The bank/lender covers these costs but may not pay for any unpaid POA/HOA fees.
Dennis Blackmore is a retired Naval Officer specializing in short sales, military relocation, and real estate in the Virginia Beach and Hampton Roads area. Contact Dennis here: http://dennisblackmore.com/contact-2/