London, UK (PRWEB) July 20, 2015
Japan’s wealth management sector is emerging in spite of unfavourable market conditions globally. In the past 10 years, much of the growth in the country’s wealth management and private banking market has been driven by large high net worth individual (HNWI) and ultra-HNWI (UHNWI) populations in Japan. Japan is an attractive proposition to domestic developers and foreign organisations alike. There were 2,180,100 HNWIs in Japan in 2014, holding USD 9.2 trillion in wealth.
Growth in HNWI numbers and wealth is forecast to improve in the offing, with the country’s HNWI population set to grow by just over 8% and HNWI wealth expected to grow by 22.8% to reach USD 11.8 trillion by 2019-end.
As of 2014, business interests was the dominant asset class for Japan’s HNWIs, with around 30% of overall HNWI assets, followed by the equities (25.6%), real estate (19.7%), fixed-income (9.8%), cash and deposits (7.9%) and alternative (7.1%) asset classes.
Alternative assets held by Japanese HNWIs increased during 2010–2014 , from 7% of total HNWI assets in 2010 to 7.1% in 2014; HNWI allocations to commodities decreased from 1.6% of total assets in 2010 to 1.5% in 2014.
Core HNWIs (or core millionaires), consisting of 2 wealth bands mid-tier millionaires and lower-tier millionaires, form the base of the wealth pyramid. As of 2014, there were 2,163,397 core HNWIs in the country, together holding USD 7.1 trillion in wealth.
New cutting-edge research report “Japan Wealth Report 2015” prepared by WealthInsight is now available at MarketPublishers.com.
Title: Japan Wealth Report 2015
Published: July, 2015
Price: US$ 4,995.00
The study provides a detailed analysis of the wealth management sector performance in Japan along with discussing the HNWI population. Besides reviewing the performance and asset allocations of UHNWIs and HNWIs, the report also contains a thorough analysis of the opportunities and the challenges that the participants in the sector are facing with. Furthermore, the report presents deep insights into the key drivers of HNWI wealth and estimates the size of the Japanese wealth management industry. To present the most exhaustive evaluation of Japanese HNWI wealth, the report calibrates the overall wealth held by HNWIs across 6 leading asset classes. The report also sheds light on liquid and investable assets and the variety of opportunities for wealth industry professionals.
- Use city-wise ratings of wealth management potential and saturation in Japan to target prospects accurately and improve the efficiency of your sales and marketing operations.
- Keep track of HNWIs and UHNWIs’ asset allocations, including forecasts of their wealth, volume and asset allocations up to 2019.
- Assess key regulatory issues and developments in the national wealth management market.
- Learn about the proliferation of family offices in the country’s wealth sector.
- Analyse the competitive scene – evaluate the behavioural mapping of Japan’s wealth management industry.
- Canvass the Japanese private banking and wealth management sector.
More reports by the publisher can be found at WealthInsight page.