New York, New York (PRWEB) July 21, 2015
With the U.S. dollar and seasonal temperatures rising in Europe, now is the time for American travelers to enjoy a summer vacation across the pond. Recent data indicates the length of stay for economy class trips is up 6% year-over-year for August*. Yet, there is no guarantee travel plans won’t go awry. Travel insurance comparison website, TravelInsurance.com, provides consumers with the easiest way to compare and buy coverage while helping to simplify the seemingly complicated world of travel insurance.
Travel insurance can offer peace of mind by protecting non-refundable trip costs. For example, with hurricane season upon us, once a storm is “named” it is too late to purchase travel insurance to protect against the storm’s travel disruptions. However, if travel insurance is purchased prior to the named storm, then consumers can expect coverage.
Policies can cover a variety of issues that might prevent travelers from embarking on their trip or cause them to end it prematurely. For example:
- Trip Cancellation insurance: Covers pre-payments for travel arrangements for covered reasons such as sickness or injuries, extreme weather, terrorism and a host of other issues which could force a trip to be called off or interrupted. Coverage varies by policy.
- Medical Travel insurance: Limits the financial burden for those who fall ill or are injured while traveling.
- Baggage insurance: Provides reimbursement for items in lost, damaged or stolen luggage – and even for the luggage itself.
- Medical Evacuation insurance: Covers costs associated with getting you to a qualified hospital in a medical emergency if the local facilities are inadequate.
- Adventure Sports insurance: An optional upgrade which can cover high-risk activities such as skydiving, snowboarding, and other extreme sports, which would otherwise be excluded.
TravelInsurance.com specializes in making shopping for travel insurance easy and affordable. TravelInsurance.com empowers the traveler with the ability to quickly find, compare and choose the appropriate travel insurance policy that meets their needs and fits their budget.
TravelInsurance.com offers plans from a variety of trusted travel insurance companies. It takes only a few minutes online to discover the right plan at the right price with the right protection for any trip. Consumers can then buy directly and securely through the website and receive their policy via email within minutes.
For more information or to purchase travel insurance policies, visit TravelInsurance.com.
[*Flight itinerary data collected by Expedia and Airlines Reporting Corp.]
# # #
TravelInsurance.com helps to simplify the complicated world of travel insurance by providing consumers with the easiest way to compare and buy trip insurance coverage online or over the phone. A member company of the U.S. Travel Insurance Association, owned and operated by DigiVentures Holdings, LLC, a licensed agency that works with some of the largest travel insurers in the industry, TravelInsurance.com offers for a wide selection of plans, secures every purchase with high-grade Verisign 256-bit secured encryption, and helps clientele find the appropriate travel insurance policy that meets their needs without exceeding their budget. Purchases can be made directly through the website, with policies sent via email within minutes.