We are delighted that the Screwfix catalogue app has reached 500,000 downloads. The digital catalogue is producing great results with sales conversion rates proving to be higher than that of direct web traffic
(PRWEB UK) 23 July 2015
The catalogue app mirrors the increasing trend for customers to use their mobile devices to shop, with Screwfix’s website already receiving over 500,000 unique visits per week from smartphones and tablets. The catalogue app supports the move toward mobile by enabling Screwfix customers to engage with its products from any location using their own device, and to take advantage of the popular five minute click and collect service from more than 400 stores nationwide.
The YUDU app enables Screwfix customers to receive push notifications as soon as a new deals paper is published, they can then download the publication and save it to their device. The app is available for any modern iOS, Android and, since release of the June catalogue, now on Windows mobile devices. Over the past 3 years, YUDU and Screwfix have worked to continually enhance the app which now has a 4.5-star rating in the App Store.
Chris Chapman, Senior Marketing Manager at Screwfix says: “We know that time is money for our customers so making things more convenient for them is vital. The catalogue is our heritage and historically our trade customers have always had one in the van, on site and at home, now they can carry it round in their pocket too.
Richard Stephenson, CEO at YUDU commented: “We are delighted that the Screwfix catalogue app has reached 500,000 downloads. The digital catalogue is producing great results with sales conversion rates proving to be higher than that of direct web traffic. Its success is the result of close cooperation between the teams at Screwfix and YUDU to refine the user experience.”
YUDU provides the software solutions for more than 200 retailers with interactive App and Web digital catalogue solutions. YUDU Publisher is a cloud-based platform that allows catalogue retailers to easily publish and manage content with enhancement options of video, 3D product views, interactive content and a full statistics package. The YUDU SmartCat ® unique feature automatically links product codes, descriptions and prices ensuring that eCommerce sites and online catalogues are fully in sync at all times. Clients include Scotts and Co, Littlewoods and Lathwaites.
Screwfix is recognised as being “where the trade buys” offering a straightforward and transparently-priced retail experience that enables busy tradesmen to shop 14,000 products over the phone, online, via their mobile or from their local store.
- From power tools and workwear to cables and pipe fittings, more than 11,000 products are available to collect from the national network of 405 stores. An extra range of over 3,000 products can be ordered over the phone, online or from a local store for next day delivery, with orders taken up until 7pm to home or site.
- screwfix.com attracts 1.9 million visitors per week and the Screwfix Click & Collect service means customers can conveniently purchase supplies online and then collect from store just five minutes later.
- Customers can contact the UK-based Screwfix call centre free 24 hours per day, 7 days a week (plus bank holidays) on 0500 41 41 41, or on the mobile-friendly 01935 414141.
- Screwfix stores are open 7 days a week – see screwfix.com for local opening hours
- 94 per cent of customers would recommend a friend to Screwfix.
- 50% of the UK are within 10 minutes of a Screwfix store, with 9/10 within 20 minutes.
- Screwfix employs over 7,500 people has been awarded a Gallup Great Workplace Award for its outstanding workplace culture and staff engagement.