The guide provides practical tips to help streamline font management, improve workflows, and reduce the time it takes to start and launch applications.
Northampton, UK (PRWEB UK) 25 August 2015
Today Extensis® released a new Windows Font Management Best Practices Guide, built for creative professionals working on the Microsoft® Windows® platform and using a variety of fonts. The guide provides practical tips to help streamline font management, improve workflows, and reduce the time it takes to start and launch applications.
This new guide covers best practices for:
- Organising large installed font collections
- Identifying fonts that are critical for Windows
- Managing fonts installed by other apps
- Adding new fonts
- Selecting and implementing a font manager
- Overall font maintenance
Creative professionals will also learn:
- The importance of licensing fonts from reputable foundries
- Recent changes in the world of fonts, and why migrating to newer font formats is important
Download the new “Windows Font Management Best Practices Guide” here.
Extensis publishes a suite of Best Practices Guides. Download each of the guides here:
- Font Management in OS X Best Practices Guide
- Server-based Font Management Best Practices Guide
- Digital Asset Management Best Practices Guide
Extensis Font Management Solutions
Extensis has been leading the way in font management for two decades, with solutions that help enterprises and designers put their best font forward. Products include:
- Suitcase Fusion®, the professional grade font manager which helps customers take full control of their font collection
- Suitcase Attaché™ for Windows, a next generation font menu for Microsoft Word and PowerPoint®
- Universal Type Server®, the popular font server which centralises font libraries, solving the issues of font management, access and compliance
- Extensis Fonts, a new font panel for Google® Docs™ that allows users to quickly access and use thousands of fonts from the Google Fonts collection.
Celebrating more than two decades in business, Extensis® is a leading developer of software and services for creative professionals and workgroups. Their solutions streamline workflows, securely manage digital assets and fonts, and control corporate typographic branding. Used by hundreds of Fortune 5000 companies, Extensis’ award-winning server and desktop products include: Extensis Portfolio™ for digital asset management, Universal Type Server® for server-based font management, and Suitcase Fusion® for single-user font management. Founded in 1993, Extensis is based in Portland, Oregon, and the United Kingdom. To learn more, visit http://www.extensis.com or follow us on Twitter @extensis.
© Celartem, Inc. d.b.a. Extensis All rights reserved. Extensis and the Extensis logo mark, Suitcase Fusion, Extensis Portfolio, Portfolio NetPublish, Portfolio Flow and Universal Type Server are trademarks or registered trademarks of Extensis in the United States of America, Canada, the European Union and/or other countries. This list of trademarks is not exhaustive. Other trademarks, registered trademarks, product names, company names, brands and service names mentioned herein are property of Extensis or other respective owners.
Google and Google Docs are registered trademarks of Google Inc.
Microsoft, PowerPoint and Windows are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.