We knew from the outset that we had better technology and a better business model, and this report is validation of both.
Sarasota, FL (PRWEB) July 24, 2015
Star2Star Debuts as a Top 10 Provider for User Based Market Share In Frost & Sullivan North American Hosted Telephony & UCC Services Market Report
Star2Star Communications, developers of “The World’s Most Scalable Cloud Communications Solution,” today announced that the company was named a “Top 10 UCC Provider by Market Share” in a recent report from Frost & Sullivan.
The July 2015 report, titled “Analysis of the North American Hosted IP Telephony and UCC Services Market”, places Star2Star in the top 10 of all UCC service providers. This ranking puts Star2Star on par with or ahead of several very large competitors, including some of the largest Cable Operators and Telcom Providers in the U.S. in market share for the hosted telephony space.
“As we enter our tenth year in business, it is gratifying to see our progress against companies many times our size”, said Norman Worthington, CEO of Star2Star. “We knew from the outset that we had better technology and a better business model, and this report is validation of both”, he continued.
In addition to the market share rankings, the report also provides an interesting look into trends in the UC market place. Among these trends:
- The majority of IP telephony providers now allow their customers to rent or lease phones, moving from a CAPEX to an all-OPEX business model.
- Most business customers still prefer desktop phones for the majority of their users, due to the high reliability and familiar operation of desktop phones.
- Hybrid architecture solutions (which combine cloud telephony with a reliable, premise-based edge device) are gaining popularity with buyers, and this trend is likely to continue. Star2Star is one of the most successful providers to utilize a hybrid, or blended, architecture.
- Star2Star’s StarBox Cloud Communications Manager allows local call routing (for reduced bandwidth demands) and higher survivability in the event of an Internet or power outage.
- Hybrid designs can provide greater cost effectiveness, thanks to more efficient bandwidth utilization.
- Star2Star is the only vendor to provide a full suite of telecom services, including dial tone and DIDs.
Founded in 2006 in Sarasota, Florida, Star2Star Communications delivers the World’s Most Complete and Scalable Cloud Communications Solution. Star2Star’s award-winning, patent-pending Constellation™ Network overcomes the reliability and quality limitations of other communications technologies.
In the past four years, Star2Star was named to the Forbes Most Promising Companies list, the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 three times, and the Inc. 500|5000 four times. Star2Star also recently received Inc. Magazine’s Hire Power Award honoring the top private business job creators in the country. The company was recognized by Gartner in their 2014 Magic Quadrant for Unified Communications as a Service, and was named by Infonetics as a Top 10 Hosted Business VoIP/UC Provider.
Star2Star Communications solutions are sold through a diversified network of partners that include distributors, master agents, managed service providers and certified installing dealers. Available across North America, Star2Star systems are used by hundreds of thousands of business users, including large national chains with multi-location communications footprints.