"Easy access to reliable and detailed information on every residential area in the U.S. at HTL is a great resource for home buyers, realtors, job hunters, businesses, parents and more." Matt Smith, president and CEO, HTL, Inc.
Malabar, FL (PRWEB) July 27, 2015
On July 1, 2015, http://www.HomeTownLocator.com (HTL), a leading online source of population, housing, income and other demographic data, updated its California data with new estimates for 1,523 California places including 480 incorporated places (459 cities and 21 towns) and 1,043 census designated places (CDPs). Based on very recent (July 1, 2015) estimates of average household income, HTL profiles California’s richest and poorest places.
RICHEST: HIDDEN HILLS
The City of Hidden Hills in Los Angeles County takes the #1 spot on California’s richest places, with average household income of $310,676. Hidden Hills has a total population of 1,888 and has 603 households. The average household there has 3.13 people. The average home value in the City of Hidden Hills is $1,150,180. The vast majority of housing is owner occupied (87.8%) and just 4.4% of the housing units are identified as vacant. HTL even provides forecasted growth rates for the next five years.
Here are the top five richest places in California based on HTL’s current average household income statistics.
1. City of Hidden Hills, Los Angeles County, average household income of $310,676
2. Town of Atherton, San Mateo County, average household income of $297,326
3. Ladera, Census Designated Place, San Mateo County, average household income of $293,172
4. Town of Hillsborough, San Mateo County, average household income of $291,163
5. Town of Los Altos Hills, Santa Clara County, average household income of $288,656
Winterhaven, a Census Designated Place (CDP) in Imperial County, has the lowest average household income in California of $22,582. Average home value in Winterhaven is $188,687. The Winterhaven CDP has a population of 404 with 155 households. Average household size is 2.61. Owners occupy 47.4% of the housing units; renters occupy 33.3% and 19.3% of the housing units are vacant.
The following are the five poorest places in California based on current average household income statistics.
1. Winterhaven, Census Designated Place, Imperial County, average household income $22, 582
2. Johannesburg, Census Designated Place, Kern County, average household income $23,680
3. Bombay Beach, Census Designated Place, Imperial County, average household income $25,998
4. Earlimart, Census Designated Place, Tulare County, average household income $28,927
5. Airport, Census Designated Place, Stanislaus County, average household income $31,054
SOPHISTICATED DATA COMPILATION BASED ON RELIABLE SOURCES
The census demographic estimates and forecasts in the HTL website are based upon data produced by Esri Demographics, which use the latest US Census Bureau annual American Community Survey (ACS) as a starting point. They then combine additional data from multiple sources including residential postal delivery counts from the USPS, a time series of county-to-county migration patterns from the IRS, building permits, housing starts and local data sources that tested well against Census 2010. For more detailed information on the data collection methodology, see Gazetteer Resources & Data Sources.
HomeTownLocator®, produced by HTL, Inc., is a Website that provides detailed community profiles for 179,000 cities, towns and other populated places, complete with maps, aerial photos and details on 1.8 million physical, cultural and historic places. Want to know who is the congressional representative for you or for any US zip code? HomeTownLocator.com makes this easy. You can also search for jobs, homes, schools or physical features such as beaches, woods or lakes.
The HomeTownLocator Gazetteer, launched in 2002, received nearly 2 million unique visitors in the last 12 months according to directly measured data by QuantCast.com. Based on monthly traffic, QuantCast currently ranks HomeTownLocator.com in the top 0.2% of the leading US websites that they monitor.
It provides a wide range of information on topics such as:
- Real Estate -- Search the MLS
- Employment Center
- Businesses, Hotels & Motels
- Arts & Culture, Entertainment Options
- Environment & Science
- Government – Congressional District, Contact Info., Elected Officials
- Health & Medical
- Schools & Education
- Travel & Tourism