Washington, DC (PRWEB) July 28, 2015
The joint SCAN Health Plan-Express Scripts demonstration program so far is showing impressive results in areas such as reducing high-risk medication use and improving compliance with diabetes treatment guidelines. By finding which pharmacies perform and respond best to incentives based on patient behaviors and outcomes, this unique-in-the-industry Quality Network Program may be paving the way for pharmacies to be more active partners with Medicare Advantage (MA) plans. “The SCAN/Express Scripts MA Pharmacy Quality Network Program: A Case Study in Improving Outcomes,” the Aug. 6 webinar from Atlantic Information Services, will detail how this innovative program is designed and managed, and what steps participants can take to achieve similarly strong results of improving both patient outcomes and star ratings.
In a 60-minute presentation followed by 30 minutes of responses to individual questions, Sharon Jhawar, PharmD, MBA, CGP, corporate vice president of pharmacy at SCAN Health Plan, Alexis Levy, a director at HealthScape Advisors, and Rebecca Rabbitt, PharmD, vice president, Medicare solutions at Express Scripts, will provide reliable answers to important questions such as:
- How did SCAN and Express Scripts select the pharmacies for the Quality Network Program?
- What were the major concerns the selected pharmacies expressed in hearing about the program? How did SCAN and Express Scripts address these issues?
- What data are Express Scripts sharing with the pharmacies to aid their efforts? What obstacles has it encountered?
- How did SCAN and Express Scripts select the measures to focus on in assessing the pharmacies’ performance?
- How could an initiative like the Quality Network Program affect MA plans’ star ratings in the future?
- How have the pharmacies fared so far on the chosen performance measures? How much of the gains are due to the sentinel effect alone?
- What financial benefits do participating pharmacies stand to gain? When?
- In what ways might the Quality Network Program change in the future? How may it differ when Express Scripts uses the concept with other insurers?
Visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/c5a18_080615 for more details and registration information.
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for more than 25 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, websites, looseleafs, books, strategic reports, databases, webinars and conferences. Learn more at http://www.AISHealth.com.