This report forecasts the market for production level color digital presses designed to print packaging applications in industrial settings in process colors, including labels, folding cartons, and flexible packaging.
(PRWEB) July 28, 2015
InfoTrends has recently published its latest Color Digital Label and Packaging Presses Market Forecast: 2014-2019. This report forecasts the market for production level color digital presses designed to print packaging applications in industrial settings in process colors, including labels, folding cartons, and flexible packaging.
Color digital label and packaging (CDLP) presses continue to have good success because brand owners worldwide need to target ever smaller market segments to be competitive; in turn, they need timely, economic printing of short runs of packaging. This type of printing is work that digital presses can often accomplish faster and at lower cost than analog presses can. As a result, color digital presses are now widely placed among label converters and, to a much smaller extent, packaging converters. Most of the installed CDLP presses operate side-by-side with flexo and other conventional presses, printing many short runs and, in the process, freeing the analog presses to print the long runs where they are most efficient.
In this study, InfoTrends has identified several forces that are also driving the market:
- Digital press vendors’ awareness of the overall packaging market as one where print is growing, and where digital printing is a welcome alternate to analog printing
- Investments in R&D and new manufacturing by Epson, Fujifilm, Xaar, and other inkjet head suppliers, which are raising productivity and reliability and cutting prices
- Improvements in toners and inks, with gold and silver toners as well as low migration inkjet inks as important examples
Availability of more media options and improved workflow tools, which help converters to efficiently meet the needs of more brand owners
- Greater acceptance of color digital printing by brands, which value especially its timeliness, its economic short runs, and its improvements to supply chains
- The increasing rate of use of CDLP presses, as more converters gain experience in printing digitally and in selling color digital printing to their customers
- The continuing development of hybrid CDLP presses, i.e., ones that combine inkjet with flexo printing in-line, including technology to retrofit analog presses with inkjet
For more information on this study please visit our online store or contact Scott Phinney at 781 616 2123 or scott.phinney(at)infotrends(dot)com.
InfoTrends is the leading worldwide market research and strategic consulting firm for the imaging, document solutions, production print, and digital media industries. We provide insights and advice to help clients understand market trends, identify opportunities, and grow their business. Additional information about InfoTrends is available on the Web at http://www.infotrends.com.
For media inquiries contact Donna O'Malley at +1 781 616 2116 or email donna.omalley(at)infotrends(dot)com.