Our ability to deliver a seamless user experience through Continuum across multiple devices -- notebooks, desktops, tablets and smartphones -- is a significant capability our customers are going to love.
San Jose, Calif. (PRWEB) July 28, 2015
- Available to purchase on the 29th, the new Aspire E Series will be available the first week of August.
- Additional Windows 10 products available for purchase and shipping later in August include the R 11 and R 13 Series Convertible Notebooks, the Switch 10 E 2-in-1 notebook, Aspire Z3 All-in-One desktop and Aspire One Cloudbooks.
- Currently shipping with Windows 8.1 and powered by a Qualcomm® Snapdragon® 200 processor(1), The Acer Liquid M220 smartphones will be available with Windows 10 Mobile this Fall(2).
- Additional products will follow throughout the year.
- Acer’s full 2015 Windows-powered product lineup and currently-shipping Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 portfolio will be eligible for the free Windows 10 upgrade(3).
Acer today announced its new Windows 10 back-to-school line, including its E Series notebook which will be available for purchase beginning July 29th, and will ship to customers the first week of August. Ideal for students, home use and small businesses, they pack solid performance into a sophisticated design.
“Acer is thrilled to be offering a wide range of products featuring Microsoft Windows 10,” said Eric Ackerson, senior product marketing manager, Acer. “Our ability to deliver a seamless user experience through Continuum across multiple devices -- notebooks, desktops, tablets and smartphones -- is a significant capability our customers are going to love.”
The new E Series notebooks feature optimized audio and voice capabilities that maximize the Cortana(4) personal digital assistant experience. Acer’s TrueHarmony, a unique combination of innovative hardware and software design, delivers lifelike audio to take entertainment to the next level, making movies come to life, giving music extra depth and games more engaging and realistic.
Acer’s E Series are offered in several sizes, with either 15.6-inch or 17.3-inch displays, and in a variety of colors. They feature the latest Intel processors, NVIDIA® GeForce® 940M series graphics with dedicated DDR3 VRAM, up to 16GB RAM and 2TB(5) HDD/1TB(5) SSD storage options(6). MU-MIMO(7) technology delivers up to 3x faster performance when connected to an 802.11ac based router(8). In addition, a new BluelightShield™ feature lessens eye strain by reducing blue light emission from the screen.
The first new E Series notebook models featuring Windows 10 and available for purchase on July 29th include:
- E5-573-58FN – 15.6-inch display, 5th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-5200U processor, 8GB memory, 500GB(5) hard drive, DVD-Super Multi Double-Layer Drive ($499.99)
- E5-573-52US – 15.6-inch display, 5th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-5200U processor, 8G memory, 1TB(5) hard drive, DVD-Super Multi Double-Layer Drive ($549.99)
- E5-573T-5935 –15.6-inch touchscreen display, 5th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-5200U Processor, 8GB memory, 1TB(5) hard drive, DVD-Super Multi Double-Layer Drive ($599.99)
- E5-573-395Q – 15.6-inch display, 5th Generation Intel® Core™ i3-5015U processor, 4G memory, 500GB(5) h/d, DVD-Super Multi Double-Layer Drive ($449.99)
- E5-573G-5698 – 15.6-inch display, 5th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-5200U processor, NVIDIA® GeForce® 940M with 2 GB of DDR3 VRAM, 8G memory, 1TB(5) hard drive ($599.99)
- E5-573G-56RG –15.6-inch display with 1920 x 1080 resolution, 5th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-5200U processor, NVIDIA® GeForce® 940M with 4 GB of DDR3 VRAM, 8GB memory, 1TB(5) hard drive ($649.99)
They will be quickly followed by additional Windows 10 products shipping later in August, including:
- Switch 10 E 2-in-1 notebook – The new Acer Switch 10 E provides the ultimate in flexibility since it transforms quickly and easily between four usage modes (tablet, notebook, display and tent).
- R 13 Series Convertible Notebooks – Less than 1 inch thin, these lightweight notebooks incorporate the inventive Acer Ezel Aero hinge that allows the 13.3-inch screen to rotate 180-degrees, so it can be used in six different modes (Notebook, Display, Tent, Pad, Ezel and Stand).
- R 11 Series Convertible Notebooks – With an 11.6” display, the R 11 convertible is compact enough to take anywhere – it fits easily in a purse or backpack, and is an ideal size for using on the road and in crowded spaces. With four distinct modes to choose from (Notebook, Display, Tent or Pad), it provides the flexibility to use it comfortably anywhere.
- Aspire Z3 All-in-One desktop – The Acer Aspire Z3-710 AIO features 10-point multi-touch and a 23.8-inch full HD (1920x1080) LED backlit display in a slim 1.4-inch chassis. Stereo speakers with Acer True Harmony and Dolby Digital Plus™ Home Theater® provide powerful audio, while built-in digital microphones can sense the location of voices to ensure they are heard clearly even with significant ambient noise. It offers comfortable viewing via an adjustable screen that tilts from -5 to 25 degrees.
- Aspire One Cloudbooks – with a starting price of $169 for an 11-inch model, these notebooks are ideal for students and schools. (Additional details will be announced in August.)
Lastly, the Liquid M220 smartphone, currently shipping with Windows 8.1, will be available with Windows 10(2) Mobile later this Fall. Powered by a Qualcomm® Snapdragon® 200 processor(1), it provides essential features for those looking for a simple, easy to use and very affordable smartphone. It includes a 4-inch 233 pixels per inch (PPI) WVGA (480x800) display, front and rear cameras and fully supports Microsoft applications and services such as OneDrive, Skype, Office and the Cortana digital assistant.
In addition, Acer’s full 2015 Windows-powered product lineup currently shipping with Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 will support the free Windows 10 upgrade(3).
Established in 1976, Acer is a hardware + software + services company dedicated to the research, design, marketing, sale, and support of innovative products that enhance people's lives. Acer's product offerings include PCs, displays, projectors, servers, tablets, smartphones, and wearables. The company is also developing cloud solutions to bring together the Internet of Things. Acer employs 7,000 people and ranks No. 4 for total PCs globally (IDC 2014). Revenues for 2014 reached US$10.39 billion. Please visit http://www.acer.com for more information.
© 2015 Acer Inc. All rights reserved. Acer and the Acer logo are registered trademarks of Acer Inc. Other trademarks, registered trademarks, and/or service marks, indicated or otherwise, are the property of their respective owners. All brands and product names mentioned herein include trademarks of their respective companies and are used solely to describe or identify the products.
All offers subject to change without notice or obligation and may not be available through all sales channels. Prices listed are manufacturer suggested retail prices and may vary by location. Applicable sales tax extra.
1) Qualcomm Snapdragon is a product of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. Qualcomm and Snapdragon are trademarks of Qualcomm Incorporated, registered in the United States and other countries.
2) Windows Phone 10 upgrade on Liquid M220 coming after Windows Phone 10 launch later this year; may incur limited features due to platform technical specifications. Some hardware/software may limitations apply and feature availability may vary by device. Devices must be connected to the internet and have Windows Update enabled. Your Internet Service Provider may charge you additional fees. Should customers decide to approach an Acer Service Center to perform the upgrade, Acer reserves the right to charge for the service provided. The free upgrade offer is valid only during the first year of Windows 10 availability.
3) Some hardware/software may limitations apply and feature availability may vary by device. Devices must be connected to the internet and have Windows Update enabled. Your Internet Service Provider may charge you additional fees. Should customers decide to approach an Acer Service Center to perform the upgrade, Acer reserves the right to charge for the service provided. The free upgrade offer is valid only during the first year of Windows 10 availability.
4) Cortana personal assistant is currently deploying in its alpha version and availability may vary on country, system language, and product SKU.
5) Accessible capacity varies: (MB = 1 million bytes; GB = 1 billion bytes).
6) Specifications may vary depending on model.
7) MU-MIMO: Multi-User Multiple-Input and Multiple-Output
8) On supporting networks, actual speed will vary based on range, connection rate, site conditions, size of network, and other factors.