WATERBURY, VT (PRWEB) July 29, 2015
Country Walkers, the leading provider of premium active and experiential travel, features immersive guided walking vacations perfect for travelers looking to discover scenic pathways and new cultures this autumn. Embark on a tour close to home in one of the United States National Parks. For a more exotic adventure, journey towards the equator to hike though Costa Rica’s southern rainforests or explore the most majestic mountain ranges in Asia. Country Walkers announces three can’t-miss tours to experience this season:
Bhutan: Kingdom in the Himalayas
Head to an ancient home of timeless Buddhist culture and hike through “The Land of the Thunder Dragon” during this 10-day long journey.
- Led by accomplished local guides, including a descendant of the Wong clan and a professional writer and mountaineer, travelers will experience Bhutan’s walking trails between whitewashed farmhouses, monasteries, temples and former fortresses nestled among the Himalayas.
- Guests will visit the most famous monastery in Bhutan, “Tigers Nest,” as well as the capital city of Thimphu and other villages.
- Witness Thimphu’s local exuberance by watching a local archery match or chatting with crimson-robed monks, Indian laborers and gho-clad (traditionally-dressed) professionals.
Costa Rica: Southern Rainforest & Coast
On an off-the-beaten-path tour through the rainforest, travelers will journey into the primeval wilderness to experience the vivid and exotic beauty of Costa Rica during this eight-day vacation.
- Travelers will spend the initial part of the trip in the heart of the Talamanca Mountain Range in Los Quetzales National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Travelers can bird watch while they hike as red-tailed hawk, hairy woodpecker and other birds can be found in the area.
- Guests will board a boat to visit Casa Corcovado, a jungle lodge on a 170-acre private reserve bordering the national park.
- In addition to viewing the natural landscape, travelers will visit a family home for dinner and pick blackberries on their farm.
California: Death Valley National Park
Experience the largest national park in the lower-48 states and the lowest elevation in North America while exploring Death Valley National Park during this 4-day trip.
- This itinerary takes travelers to Badwater Basin, home to 1,000 plant species, colorful canyons, serene sand dunes and remarkable rock formations. A visit to Scotty’s Castle is a step back into time.
- Travelers look out for hawks, raven, lizards and iguanas while hiking along the slopes of Tucki Mountain. Other hikes include Ubehebe Crater, Little Hebe Crater and the 500-foot hole along the rim of the scenic walking trail.
- Walk the Natural Bridge, a massive rock bridge about 35-feet above canyon wash before finishing the tour in Badwater Basin.
For more information on how to reserve a Country Walkers vacation or to receive a catalog, visit http://www.countrywalkers.com or call 800-464-9255. To book a Country Walkers adventure, use the promo code PRESS.
About Country Walkers
For over 35 years, Country Walkers (http://www.countrywalkers.com) has provided active, experiential, and stunning travel experiences on five continents. Based in Waterbury, Vermont, their unique adventures and insider access bring the beating heart of a destination to life with well-crafted itineraries for Guided Walking Adventures, Self-Guided Walking Adventures, Safaris, and Private vacations. All trips highlight superb cuisine, fine, authentic accommodations and immersive cultural and natural experiences.