The intent of the award is to maintain a high level of presentations at SAE International technical sessions by recognizing individuals who make outstanding presentations at those sessions.
WARRENDALE, Pa. (PRWEB) July 29, 2015
Eight engineering professionals were honored with the SAE International Lloyd L. Withrow Distinguished Speaker Award. The group received the award during the Awards Ceremony at the SAE 2015 World Congress.
The award recognizes individuals who have demonstrated outstanding presentation skills. The intent of the award is to maintain a high level of presentations at SAE International technical sessions by recognizing individuals who make outstanding presentations at those sessions. The recipient must have received the Oral Presentation Award more than twice to receive this award.
Those honored include:
- Dr. Mehdi Ahmadian, Professor and Director, Virginia Tech
- Adrian Philip Gaylard, Computational Aerodynamics Technical Specialist, Jaguar Land Rover
- Harry L. Husted, Executive Director, Powertrain Electronics, Delphi Powertrain Systems
- Dr. James Peyton Jones, Professor, Villanova University
- Dr. Kristofer D. Kusano, Professor, Virginia Tech
- Lyle M. Pickett, Technical Engineer, Sandia National Laboratories’ Combustion Research Facility
- Dr. Charles E. Roberts Jr., Director, Southwest Research Institute
- C Scott Sluder, Senior Research Engineer, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
SAE International is a global association committed to being the ultimate knowledge source for the engineering profession. By uniting over 137,000 engineers and technical experts, we drive knowledge and expertise across a broad spectrum of industries. We act on two priorities: encouraging a lifetime of learning for mobility engineering professionals and setting the standards for industry engineering. We strive for a better world through the work of our philanthropic SAE Foundation, including programs like A World in Motion® and the Collegiate Design Series™.