Nearly half of all the presenters at this year’s “HARMONY 2015” are external industry experts, opinion leaders and business creators ...
Topsfield, MA (PRWEB) July 31, 2015
“Engage: Don’t Just Age” will be the theme of this year’s “HARMONY 2015”, one of the industry’s premier thought leadership symposiums, hosted by Massachusetts-based Harmony Healthcare International at Foxwoods Resort Casino in Ledyard, Connecticut, November 5 and 6. The event attracts over 250 “C”-level executives, administrators, directors of nursing, rehabilitation managers and other management and corporate personnel representing the skilled nursing and assisted living markets.
The Honorable Mark Parkinson, the 45th Governor of the State of Kansas and the current President and CEO of the American Health Care Association (AHCA) and the National Center for Assisted Living (NCAL), will give the keynote address at the event. In addition to Parkinson, Harmony Healthcare announces eleven new speakers to the “HARMONY 2015” program agenda.
- Darrell Contreras, founder and a partner of JD HealthCare Partners, LLC, a compliance and risk management consulting firm will address compliance issues in post acute care.
- Ali Bers, litigation attorney at the Center for Medicare Advocacy will present on the ground breaking Jimmo v Sebelius decision.
- Holly Harmon, senior director of clinical services, American Health Care Association will discuss AHCA Quality Initiative and Preventing Adverse Events.
- Carol Scott, field operations manager, Advancing Excellence will address Fall Reduction in the SNF environment.
- Dr. Steven Fuller, chief medical officer of The Affinitas Center for Research and Analytics (ACRA) will present on cost savings by customized health management in assisted living communities.
- Denise Boudreau-Scott, owner of Denise B. Scott, LLC will talk about culture change in long term care.
- Cheryl Bond, founder and president of Essential Resilience will discuss the soft skills of employee management and human resources in the SNF environment.
- Irving Stackpole, president of Stackpole & Associates, Inc. will address marketing and marketing challenges for SNFs.
- Linda Hilliard, independent compliance consultant, will present on compliance, risk assessments, operational and other regulatory issues.
- Sameer Sule, founder and president of Kinara Insights, a healthcare technology consulting firm will discuss technology and security in the post acute care marketplace.
- Dr. Joseph Scarpa of Vestracare, will present on initiatives for reducing re-hospitalizations.
“Nearly half of all the presenters at this year’s “HARMONY 2015” are external industry experts, opinion leaders and business creators,” said Kris Mastrangelo, OTR/L, LNHA, MBA, President and CEO of Harmony Healthcare International. “Their participation will add to the informative presentations and programs that Harmony Healthcare senior management and consultants will give during the symposium, making this year’s event an incredible educational and networking experience for all attendees.”
The symposium will feature 24 break-out sessions on a variety of clinical, operational, financial and marketing topics. Up to 12 hours of continuing education credit will be offered for Nursing Home Administrators, Nurses, Speech Language Pathologists, Occupational and Physical Therapists. Registration information and costs can be found at http://hhi.hub.am/1GCnnkY.
“This year’s theme, “Engage: Don’t Just Age” promotes the idea that taking action in bettering the lives and lifestyles of our nation’s elder population is of paramount importance,” said Mastrangelo. “At “HARMONY 2015”, attendees will hear from experts who have actually taken steps to improve care, quality, operations, compliance and regulations across the continuum.”
About Harmony Healthcare International
Harmony Healthcare International was founded in 2001. With headquarters in Topsfield, MA, Harmony Healthcare International services clients in the skilled nursing, acute care, home health and assisted living markets with operational and compliance consulting, training and educational programs and talent management services. With a staff of accomplished healthcare clinicians who serve as consultants to For-Profit, Not-For-Profit, Standalone and Multi-Facility Chains across the country, Harmony Healthcare International has been ranked among the top 5,000 fastest growing private companies in the U.S. for 3 consecutive years by Inc. Magazine. Harmony Healthcare International, “We care about care.” Visit us at: http://www.harmony-healthcare.com/.
Jon A. Di Gesu
Vice President of Marketing
(O) 978.887.8919 (C) 603.770.5731