“Our mission is to get more people outside. Today is a big moment for us because it means we can now fulfill this mission across the entire US,” said Alyssa Ravasio, Hipcamp Founder and CEO.
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) August 04, 2015
Hipcamp, the most comprehensive guide to camping on public land in the USA, is pleased to announce that their service is now available in 50 states. The site’s user-friendly interface allows a detailed search by amenities, natural features and activities in National, State, Regional and Army Corps Parks. This rich data set translates to 2,197 Parks, 8,631 Campgrounds and 282,420 Campsites nationwide.
Today’s news of this nationwide expansion on public lands comes on the heels of the brand’s launch of Land Sharing which allows people looking for unique outdoor experiences to visit previously inaccessible private ranches, farms, vineyards and nature preserves. Hipcamp plans 1,000 bookable Land Sharing sites by Fall 2016.
“Our mission is to get more people outside. Today is a big moment for us because it means we can now fulfill this mission across the entire US,” said Alyssa Ravasio, Hipcamp Founder and CEO. “We're completing national expansion far ahead of schedule due to our team’s dedication as well as the enthusiastic response from people across the country asking us to come to their states and helping support us to do so.”
Hipcamp was born out of Ravasio’s frustration over the fragmented, antiquated outdoor recreation system of the past; you used to have to go to one site to see photos, another site for reviews, another for state information, and yet another to book. With the creation of Hipcamp, Ravasio set out to change that. Hipcamp site features include:
- Search and discovery by location, amenities or activities
- Book your favorite Land Share camps instantly
- Intuitive design, beautiful photos, engaging original content, self-listing booking software and calendar management for landowners
- Functionality to leave tips/reviews of parks, campers and landowners, as well as to upload photos of your favorite parks and campgrounds
- Create a profile to view your past and upcoming trips, your photos, tips and everything you’ve favorited on the site
- A community (our “tribe”) of 200k+ outdoor enthusiasts
- Journal featuring original content and guides such as “The Top 5 Hot Springs in Texas,” and “The Best Camping Cocktail Recipes.”
Hipcamp.com is a leading online marketplace that connects people with great places to camp. Hipcamp’s mission is to get more people outside to foster a deeper connection with nature. Hipcamp is the most comprehensive guide to camping on public land in the U.S. Hipcamp is also spearheading the land sharing movement to provide unique camping, events and cultural experiences on private land, as well as to ensure biodiversity, maintain natural wildlife corridors and activate a low-impact, passive flow of income for landowners across the country. Hipcamp is at the forefront of the new outdoors initiative, meshing recreation with conservation, as well as the Access Land coalition, advancing open data for open lands.