Unique learning opportunities where industry leaders learn best practices from their peers and work together to find solutions to the challenges that they are facing.
Atlanta, Georgia (PRWEB) August 01, 2015
On July 22nd more than 30 manufacturing industry leaders visited the Blue Bird bus factory in Fort Valley Georgia as part of the 2015 Georgia Manufacturing Alliance (GMA) plant tour series. The Port of Savannah tour on July 24th attracted more that 30 members and guest.
Since 2008 the Georgia Manufacturing Alliance (GMA) has been providing networking events, manufacturing plant tours, educational sessions and trade shows to help promote Georgia manufacturers. Some recent events included:
- Panoz "America's Most Exclusive Sports Car" – Braselton
- Dixie Industrial Finishing Plant Tour – Tucker
- Tencate Plant Tour – Pendergrass
- YKK Plant Tour – Macon
- Prince Precision – Macon
- Global Electronic Services Plant Tour – Buford
- Graphic Packaging International Plant Tour - Stone Mountain
- DIRTT Environmental Solutions Plant Tour – Savannah
- Alpha - Altair Advanced Industries Plant Tour – Suwanee
- Advanced RP Showroom Tour – Suwanee
- Thunderbolt Marine Plant Tour – Savannah
- Georgia Power Customer Resource Center Tour – Atlanta
- UPS World Headquarters Tour – Atlanta
- Savannah Morning News Plant Tour – Savannah
- CAT – Athens – (in partnership with Society of Manufacturing Engineers SME)
- Blue Bird Plant Tour – Fort Valley
- Port of Savannah - Savannah
Some of the upcoming tours include…
- Coca-Cola Syrup Facility Tour – Atlanta
- Fulfillment Strategies International (FSI) Tour - Austell
- Mitsubishi Hitachi Power Systems – Savannah
“These tours provide a unique learning opportunity where industry leaders learn best practices from their peers and work together to find solutions to the challenges that they are facing. Bottom line we are building the strongest networking community for manufacturing professionals in the state” said Jason Moss CEO
In an effort to better serve all manufacturers in our state, GMA has developed leadership teams in a few strategic locations. Currently there are three community based chapters located in Gwinnett, Northeast (Hall county) and Coastal (Savannah). Several communities have expressed an interest in launching local chapters. Topping the list are Macon / Cordele, West Georgia/ LaGrange and Douglasville.
Chambers of Commerce, economic development organizations and community leaders all benefit from partnering with GMA to help manufacturers in their area connect with needed resources state wide. GMA focuses on developing a more cohesive working relationship for leaders in the manufacturing industry.
To register for upcoming events, visit http://www.GeorgiaManufacturingAlliance.com
Georgia Manufacturing Alliance is the fastest growing community of manufacturing professionals in the state.
GMA exist to make profitable business connections for our members through direct referrals and the events we provide.