The Aspire One Cloudbook series is the perfect answer for those looking for an online-oriented and portable notebook with a full Windows experience.
San Jose, Calif. (PRWEB) August 04, 2015
- New Aspire One Cloudbook 11 and 14 powered by Windows 10 feature 802.11ac wireless technology and the latest Intel® mobile processors
- Office 365 Personal and OneDrive online storage subscription makes the notebooks ready to use out of the box
- Dual digital microphones with enhanced digital signal processing (DSP) ensure online calls are heard loud and clear, while also allowing a smooth experience for Cortana with voice
- Acer’s Build Your Own Cloud (BYOC™) applications enable secure and private synchronization across devices
Acer announces its online-oriented Aspire One Cloudbook 11 and 14, powered by Windows 10. The two highly portable notebooks feature 802.11ac wireless technology and the latest Intel® mobile processors, keeping users productive with a faster connection.
“ The Aspire One Cloudbook series is the perfect answer for those looking for an online-oriented and portable notebook with a full Windows experience,” said Jerry Kao, president of Notebook Business Group, Acer Inc. “With cloud-enabled services such as Microsoft Office 365, OneDrive, and Acer’s Build Your Own Cloud (BYOC™), consumers can enjoy the convenience and value the cloud brings with these exciting new products.”
“This new Cloudbook from Acer is a sleek, affordable device that takes advantage of new functionality of Windows 10 together with Microsoft services including Office 365 and OneDrive,” said Peter Han, Vice President of Worldwide OEM Marketing, Microsoft Corp. “This device offers the total package for both consumers and students to get more done while on the go.”
Made for the Cloud
The Aspire One Cloudbook 11 and 14 come with a 1-year subscription of Office 365 Personal1 and up to 1TB1 OneDrive online storage, making it ready to use out of the box. Acer’s cloud-enabled abApps, including abPhoto, abMusic, abDocs, and abFiles, allow consumers to easily sync their files and documents with their smartphones or tablets, all securely and privately in their own personal cloud. Dual digital microphones with enhanced digital signal processing (DSP) that cancel background noise ensure online calls are heard loud and clear, while also allowing a smooth experience for Cortana, Microsoft’s personal digital assistant.
Perfect for Use on the Go
The highly-portable Aspire One Cloudbook Series packs everything into a beautiful, clean, and fan-less design just .70 inches (17.9mm) thin; the 11-inch model is just 2.54 lbs. (1.15kg) light and the 14-inch weighs in at only 3.5 lbs. (1.6kg). Sporting a mineral gray cover with a dotted textile pattern that provides good tactile feedback, these notebooks offer full-sized HDMI, USB3.0, USB2.0, and SD Card ports to eliminate the need for additional adapters. A full-sized chiclet keyboard and large touchpad supporting Windows 10 gestures provide a comfortable typing and navigation experience.
The Aspire One Cloudbook 11 and 14 feature the latest 802.11ac wireless technology, allowing up to three times faster connection speeds, while eMMC configurations up to 64GB provide adequate storage for work and play. The notebooks are powered by the latest Intel® Celeron® mobile processors and 2GB of DDR3L system memory, and feature a HD (1366x768) 16:9 LED-backlit display.
The Aspire One Cloudbook 11 will be available in North America in August with prices starting at $169. The Aspire One Cloudbook 14 will be available in North America in September with prices starting at $199. To learn more about availability, product specifications and prices in specific markets, please contact your nearest Acer office via http://www.acer.com.
Established in 1976, Acer is a hardware + software + services company dedicated to the research, design, marketing, sale, and support of innovative products that enhance people's lives. Acer's product offerings include PCs, displays, projectors, servers, tablets, smartphones, and wearables. The company is also developing cloud solutions to bring together the Internet of Things. Acer employs 7,000 people and ranks No. 4 for total PCs globally (IDC 2014). Revenues for 2014 reached US$10.39 billion. Please visit http://www.acer.com for more information.
© 2015 Acer Inc. All rights reserved. Acer and the Acer logo are registered trademarks of Acer Inc. Other trademarks, registered trademarks, and/or service marks, indicated or otherwise, are the property of their respective owners.
1) 1-year Office 365 Personal and 1TB OneDrive subscription is preloaded on 32GB and select 64GB SKUs. 1-year 100GB OneDrive voucher is bundled with 16GB SKUs. Specifications and bundled services may vary depending on region and model.
2) 802.11ac is an optional feature. The product is based on an IEEE 802.11ac draft specification. Performance referred to theoretical peak speeds is based on comparison with 802.11n products. Speed and range will be less if an 802.11a/b/g product joins the network. Actual speed will vary based on range, connection rate, site conditions, size of network, and other factors. An 802.11ac wireless equipped PC requires an 802.11ac router to work properly.
3) The Aspire One Cloudbook 11 is available with 16GB/32GB eMMC configurations. The Aspire One Cloudbook 14 is available in 32GB/64GB eMMC configurations. Specifications may vary depending on region and model.