Austin, TX (PRWEB) August 06, 2015
Design Lab, a concept boutique of all and only Texas Designers, is thrilled to celebrate its first anniversary via an open house Friday, August 14, from 6 to 9 pm. In its first year in business, Design Lab has grown to feature over 40 Texas Designers in its store at Oasis Texas. Today, Design Lab also announced 16 new designers who have become part of the store in the past six months. All are welcome to join the one year celebration at 6550 Comanche Trail, Austin, Texas 78732.
Design Lab opened its doors Summer 2014 with 22 Texas-based fashion designers gaining rave reviews by influencers and shoppers alike. In fact, the 2,000 square foot store was recognized by Austin Monthly in the Best of the City 2014awards as the ‘Best New Shopping Concept,’ an honor it will “own” until December 2015.
Design Lab is a highly curated yet diverse variety of Texas-based fashion designers brought together by owner Linda Asaf, herself a nationally renowned fashion designer. Merchandise ranges from jewelry and eyewear to shoes and hats to children’s clothing, menswear and women’s apparel. Recently home goods and gift items have been added.
“The past year has been amazing, to see the response from shoppers.” said Asaf. “Business has been growing steadily and with the lake full, there is even more traffic at Oasis, Texas. Design Lab will also celebrate the launch of its ecommerce site. We are excited about expanding the business online and bringing together over 40 designers in celebration of our first anniversary on Friday, August 14. We anticipate a fantastic celebration for all.”
Design Lab today also welcomes sixteen new designers to the family which now numbers over 40 unique brands. The designers who have joined Design Lab in the past six months include:
- Bella Desi, ready-to-wear line of clean styles and beautiful fabrics with an emphasis on introducing Indian styles into every day wear
- Bridal Motif, Indian-inspired custom bridal house bringing the luxury of exotic and natural fabrics with stunning hand embroidery
- Evan Brooke, a purpose-based line designed in San Antonio and ethically made in Nepal. Popular, classic styles are designed to last through many seasonsJessica Faith Marshall, a fifteen-year-old fashion designer and artist with an eye for edge and grunge meets clean-cut bohemian style
- Johnny Hardware creates products that add a personalized look and feel to your lifestyle. Merchandise includes men's jewelry and gifts
- KYA, designer Yulanda Arnold-Kasear thrives on the joy and happiness her charming, imaginative abstract t-shirt designs bring to others
- Latika, a family-owned brand of natural skincare, and bath products proudly made in Austin, Texas, paraben & sulfate free
- Lights Out candles are hand-poured in the heart of South Austin, formulated with an enticing variety of sublime essential oil based fragrances, a superior soy wax blend, and lead free paper core wicks
- Maison & Bouquet chooses the strongest essential oils and most delicious scents for their soy blend candles
- Mitscoots, socks with a mission,with every purchase we are helping those transitioning out of homelessness get socks & work
- Molly Phillips jewelry is a beautiful mix of urban bohemian glamour, designed and made in Austin
- Paulville Goods is nostalgia, whether it be retro toys, vintage arcade games, music or Americana
- Sevelin Cosmetics, from Duane Sevelin who’s career includes brands such as Estee Lauder, Revlon and Bill Blass
- Sheila Hawkins-Bucklew, handcrafted jewelry is a self-expression of its designer’s spiritual footprint
- Sugar Gay Isber, an eccelectic and editorial worthy collection of jewelry designed in Austin
- Zentangle is an art form and an elegant metaphor for deliberate artistry in life
In its first year, Design Lab has been much more than an expansive collective of Texas designers, it has also been a community hub, supporting local events and causes, including a Project Runway designer trunk show, the Full Tilt fashion show and a Rodeo Roundup event during Rodeo Texas. Design Lab has hosted concerts for musicians like Ginger Leigh, and hosted meet ups and private shopping events for organizations like Steiner Moms & Tots, Metro Moms, and Austin Tidbits. Launch parties for brands like Sevelin Cosmetics and Occhio Opello Magazine were also held at Design Lab. Additionally, Design Lab helped 14 year old Jack Spitzer get “discovered” by Wilhelmina Austin Models during the casting call for the PRE-KO-SHUS fashion show.
About Design Lab:
Design Lab is a concept boutique of Texas Designers located at Oasis, Texas, a complex of hand-picked eclectic eateries and shops located adjacent to the iconic Oasis Restaurant at Lake Travis. The vision of owner and designer Linda Asaf, Design Lab currently showcases 40+Texas-area designers. Beyond the ongoing collection, Design Lab hosts seasonable and pop-up collections, as well as special events such as fashion camps, concerts, art exhibits and private parties or functions. For those visiting Austin and wanting a taste of Lake Travis, or for Austin area locals, especially those in Lakeway, Steiner Ranch, River Place and Cedar Park, the unique and special setting is perfect for a birthday party, a bridal shower, a reunion or just some fun shopping.