Fountain Valley, Calif. (PRWEB) August 04, 2015
This week Hang w/, the originator of the live streaming mobile category, releases Digital Tickets - a new feature set that enables its millions of users to create their own Digitally Ticketed events - the first of its kind in the User Generated Content, Live-Streaming arena.
The broadcaster can set the price, publicize the event on social media and stream the event live - all from their mobile phone or tablet. The broadcaster can also limit the number of tickets available thereby creating exclusive viewing opportunities.
Viewers can purchase an event with just the tap of a button using a coin-based in app purchase. When purchased, content can be viewed live and on-demand via the archives.
“Broadcasters can now charge the consumer directly for the content they create,” said Andrew Maltin, Hang w/ CEO. “Never before has a creator had so much ability to put a value on their own content. They set the time, the price and all of the parameters. We’ll see private chefs give live cooking lessons for $9.99 and yoga instructors who can hold a class live around the world for $.99 cents a ticket. We expect to see garage bands selling tickets for $4.99 and educators who lecture for $49.99 a session. There are so many possibilities with the Digital Ticket.”
Users can apply to be a part of the Digital Ticket launch by clicking “More” and then “Monetization.”
Here’s how it works:
- Pick or take a photo, name the event, set the time, set the price, and if you choose, set the max number of tickets.
- The app then combines the information to create an ad which can be automatically posted to social media.
- The event invite is pushed to all followers and can be featured within the app.
- The event is added to the broadcaster’s and purchaser’s calendar.
- Notifications remind the tickets holders (and the broadcaster) leading up to the event itself.
The Hang w/ app also monetizes live videos for broadcasters by enabling pre- and post-roll advertising surrounding their broadcasts. Users can enable advertising on their general (non Digital Ticket) Hang w/ broadcasts by tapping Monetization.
Also available in Hang w/’s newest update is the ability for users to create a Live Link Overlay. Broadcasters can now promote their own website, blog, merchandise, music, etc - by posting a live URL during the live broadcast.
The Hang w/ platform has been live for more than two years and has evolved to include a number of features which make it the ideal live streaming platform for content creators. Other key features of the Hang w/ platform include:
- Stream live to Facebook and to Twitter
- Stream live to your website or blog
- Export directly to YouTube
- Stream live via GoPro
- Broadcast Publicly or to a Private Network
- All archives are saved, viewable and shareable
- Broadcasts can also be saved to the phone or tablet
- Fully integrated web-based broadcasting and viewing from hangwith.com
- User-to-user messaging
- Live broadcast filters
- And powerful blocking and security features
The Hang w/ app can be downloaded for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and for Android Devices by clicking http://www.hangwith.me.
About Hang w/
The Hang w/ app connects people through live-streaming video and simultaneous chat, allowing anyone with an iPhone, iPad or Android device to broadcast live to dozens, hundreds or even millions of viewers around the globe.
Hang w/ was incubated by MEDL Mobile, Inc., a mobile industry pioneer that has architected, created, developed, marketed and monetized hundreds of mobile apps and driven more than 22 million downloads. MEDL Mobile is the majority shareholder of Hang With, Inc.
The Hang w/ platform has attracted hundreds of actors, athletes, musicians and brands including 50 Cent, Jared Leto, Timbaland, Common, The UFC, Larry The Cable Guy, Ali Landry, Claudia Jordan, Jamie Kennedy, Kaskade, Lucy Hale, Mike Metzger, Jake Ellenberger, Soulja Boy, Tony Orlando, Terrell Owens and many more.
You can learn more at http://www.hangwith.com.
Download Hang w/ for iOS here or Android here.
Daniel Lee Hue
The 5th Column