Kohler, Wis. (PRWEB) August 04, 2015
The Kohler Food & Wine Experience is set to delight thousands of culinary enthusiasts and wine devotees at Destination Kohler on October 22-25, 2015. Tickets are available starting today for the four-day festival and are online and by phone at 866-243-8548. Now in its 15th year, the event has a celebrated history of showcasing notable chefs and renowned winemakers hosting interactive demonstrations, fascinating seminars, exclusive tastings, celebrity dinners and evening galas.
In its notable anniversary year, the Kohler Food & Wine Experience – a festival based on the celebration of culinary education and epicurean innovations – is a showcase of industry talents old and new. This year marks the return of internationally recognized French chef Jacques Pépin, appearing with daughter Claudine Pépin. The line-up boasts first-time presenters Scott Conant, Jeff Mauro, Mindy Segal and returning fest-favorite Christopher Kimball presenting alongside two America’s Test Kitchen cast members, Bridget Lancaster and Jack Bishop. In addition, Grant MacPherson and Marc Stroobandt will headline the Stella Artois Main Stage demonstrations.
“The Kohler Food & Wine Experience connects passionate food and wine enthusiasts with industry experts eager to share beloved recipes, expert tips and life experiences,” said Michael Belot, General Manager Destination Kohler. “Attending the seminars reinvigorates and empowers home cooks to try new recipes, techniques and pairings.”
Unique to Kohler, each Main Stage session provides ticketed guests with samples of the chef-presented recipes prepared on stage. The presenting chef and audience members alike appreciate this interactive platform that encourages conversation, feedback, commentary and questions. Additionally, guests have the opportunity for casual interactions with celebrity and regional presenters during wine dinners, celebrity chef luncheons and special evening events. Each of the Celebrity Chefs are launching new cook books that they will be signing and selling during the festival.
The 2015 Kohler Food & Wine Experience welcomes the following celebrity chefs for spirited demonstrations on the Main Stage:
- Scott Conant: Scott Conant brings a deft touch and unwavering passion to creating cuisine that is unexpected and soulful. He is the chef and owner of several restaurants, including Scarpetta in Miami, Los Angeles and Las Vegas, wine bar D.O.C.G Enoteca, the newly opened Corsair at Turnberry Isle Miami, and owns the SC Culinary Suite, a gorgeous private events space in New York City. Conant has published three cookbooks, and when he’s not in the kitchen, he serves as a frequent judge on Food Network’s Chopped and co-host on Beat Bobby Flay.
- Christopher Kimball: Christopher Kimball founded Cook’s Magazine, the Who’s Who of Cooking in America, and relaunched Cook’s Magazine as Cook’s Illustrated; recently, he founded Cook’s Country magazine and serves as publisher and editor of both magazines. Kimball is also the host of America’s Test Kitchen, a public television cooking show now in its 15th season, and host and executive producer of Cook’s Country from America’s Test Kitchen, which debuted in September 2008.
- Jeff Mauro: Celebrity Chef Jeff Mauro is the host of Food Network's Emmy-nominated Sandwich King and the wildly successful and Emmy-nominated talk show The Kitchen. He is also the co-founder and executive chef of the newly launched BBQ retail line Pork & Mindy’s. Mauro is a Chicago native.
- Jacques & Claudine Pépin: World-renowned father-daughter chef duo and author of 28 bestselling books, contributing editor to FOOD&WINE Magazine and popular guest on TODAY Show and Good Morning America. Pepin’s most recent book, Heart and Soul in the Kitchen debuts in October with a companion series, his 13th, produced by KQED public Television in San Francisco for broadcast nationwide.
- Mindy Segal: Mindy Segal specializes in contemporary American cuisine, placing a modern twist on traditional classics. Segal was awarded the prestigious James Beard Foundation award for Outstanding Pastry Chef in the Country in 2012. Her Chicago restaurant, Hot Chocolate, is the culmination of 25+ years of dedication to her craft. Chef Segal published her first cookbook Cookie Love in April and has appeared on The TODAY Show, The Martha Stewart Show, Food Network and in FOOD&WINE, Bon Appétit, and The New York Times.
- Grant MacPherson: Scottish born chef, restaurateur, and cookbook author with more than thirty years of premium industry experience with a career spanning five continents, eight world-class tourist destinations and hundreds of restaurants.
- Marc Stroobandt: Belgian Master Beer Sommelier and Certified Beer Server within the Cicerone Certification Program and qualified chef. Marc’s expertise has earned him an Honorary Knighthood in the Order of the Mashing Staff from the Confederation of Belgian brewers, in Belgium.
Alongside these culinary experts, the festival features more than 100 wine and spirits seminars hosted by top-notch winemakers, winery representatives and spirits specialists from 2015 Kohler Food & Wine Experience sponsor Wirtz Beverage Wisconsin. Notable wineries include Bibi Graetz, Grgich Hills Estates, Milbrandt Vineyards, Ponzi Vineyards, Rodney Strong, St. Francis Winery and Vineyards, and Willakenzie Vineyards. Sought after spirits brands featured are The Edrington Group, William Grant & Sons, Serrales, and Infinium Spirits.
Demonstrations, tastings, seminars and special event prices range from FREE to $189 per person. Throughout the weekend, guests can enjoy complimentary demonstrations and tastings at various locations throughout the resort such as The Shops at Woodlake, Kohler Design Center and Woodlake Market. Hotel packages are available at The American Club or Inn on Woodlake starting at $411 per person (based on double occupancy).
Major partners for Kohler Food & Wine Experience include: Stella Artois by Anheuser Busch; Wirtz Beverage Wisconsin; Sub-zero and Wolf; Reinhart; Jones Dairy; Torke Coffee and Kohler Co.
Tickets and more information are available online at KohlerFoodandWine.com, by phone at 866-243-8548. Stay up to date on Kohler Food & Wine on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram with hashtags #KohlerFoodWine and #DestinationKohler.
About Kohler Co. Hospitality & Real Estate Group
The Kohler Co. Hospitality & Real Estate profile includes The American Club, boasting the first and only Forbes Five-Star hotel property in Wisconsin, and world-renowned championship golf courses Whistling Straits and Blackwolf Run. Acquired in 2004, its sister property, The Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort & Spa in the birthplace of golf, St Andrews, Scotland, is a AA Five Red Star property and recognized as one of the most luxurious resorts in the world.
About Destination Kohler
The American Club, a Forbes Five-Star Recipient and the Midwest’s only AAA Five-Diamond resort-hotel was named #3 Golf Resort in North America, by Golf Digest Magazine. The resort is one of only 48 hotels in North America with both the Forbes Five-Star and AAA Five-Diamond distinction. Kohler Waters Spa in Kohler, Wisconsin is the first and only Forbes Five-Star spa in Wisconsin and one of 48 spas worldwide to hold this distinction. The resort features 12 dining establishments from the Forbes Four-Star Immigrant Restaurant to traditional pub fare at Horse & Plow and rustic Italian at Cucina. The resort is located in the Village of Kohler, Wisconsin, one hour north of Milwaukee and two and a half hours north of Chicago.
# # #
For more information, interviews, photo options and media credentials, contact:
Beth O’Reilly | bethoreillypr(at)gmail(dot)com | 920-889-0818
Leslie Stachowiak | leslie.stachowiak(at)kohler(dot)com | 920-457-4441
DESTINATION KOHLER SOCIAL MEDIA REFERENCE GUIDE