Stamford, CT (PRWEB) August 04, 2015
The Engaged Learning Bootcamp will be conducted on August 5-6, 2015 at CSU Dominguez Hills, enabling over 60 faculty members from 15 CSU institutions to redesign and build general education courses that are more engaging and affordable for students. CSU instructors will work in cohorts to create innovative and engaging learning experiences using the new Café Learn outcomes-based and personalized course platform. Faculty will collaborate to aggregate Open Education Resources (OER), CSU digital library content, and other affordable resources.
“Our goal with this inaugural boot camp is to provide yet another option for CSU faculty to collaborate with their colleagues and industry thought leaders on innovative learning and teaching designs, and to rapidly scale innovation by wrapping great design around affordable learning solutions,” noted Gerry Hanley Assistant Vice Chancellor, Academic Technology Services, California State University, Office of the Chancellor.
Café Learn adds value to OER by:
● Providing the platform that enables CSU to scale best practices in teaching and learning
● Creating course "blueprints" that are based on student mastery of measurable outcomes, and that are geared towards deeper engagement and learning.
● Providing tools to help faculty deliver active, social and blended learning experiences that improve engagement in high enrollment/high failure courses.
● Making it easy for faculty to collaborate on a shared course template incorporating affordable resources and best learning practices.
● Applying data and analytics to improve the teaching and learning experience.
“We are extremely grateful and excited for the opportunity to work with forward-looking instructors and champions within the CSU system to promote innovative teaching practices while creating next-generation, affordable courses,” said Carrie O’Donnell, Founder and CEO of Café Learn Inc. “We have baked evidence-based practices in blended, personalized and social learning into our platform. Based on the results of our earlier “beta” courses, and we expect that these courses will result in increased student engagement and retention.”
About Café Learn
Café Learn is a next-generation cloud-based course platform that enables higher education institutions to improve retention by building and delivering course experiences that increase student success. It includes tools and simple technology workflows for schools to replace general education lectures with courses that are engaging and affordable for students and flexible for instructors.
The platform enables instructors to easily shift from lecturer to facilitator by helping them create blended, personalized and interactive learning experiences. Café Learn courses incorporate social tools in and out of class, and a built-in design blueprint augmented with affordable and open education resources. http://www.cafelearn.com or follow us @Cafe_Learn #csuengagedlearning.