San Francisco, Calif. (PRWEB) August 05, 2015
With nearly one-third of U.S. travelers* vacationing in Europe this summer, the continent’s popular museums and landmarks are seeing an increase in visitors – and ticket lines often two or three hours long (or more!). And while crowds will always overwhelm Europe’s biggest attractions, travelers can minimize the wait and maximize their experience with this summer’s #1 must-have travel companion – Skip the Line tours. As sales for Europe soar, Viator, a TripAdvisor company and the leading resource for researching and booking tours and activities worldwide, offers “Skip the Line” entry and VIP access to Europe’s top attractions. Hugely popular and likely to sell out, planning ahead to skip the lines may be just as important as packing a passport.
- Easily one of the biggest lures for tourists in Paris is the Eiffel Tower. Viator’s Skip the Line Eiffel Tower experiences provide special access with skip-the-line privileges, often with an additional component like a Seine River cruise or a small group tour. Viator customer Elaine C. said, “Best decision to buy your skip the line tour, the crowds were so big we would have wasted the whole day standing in line!” Charles P. noted, “We went to the front of the line and only had to wait 20 minutes compared to four hours.” Watch an insider’s look at exactly what it’s like to skip the line at the Eiffel Tower.
- Another top attraction, the Louvre, can see a long line snaking around it’s beautiful glass pyramids, but Viator’s Skip the Line: Paris Louvre Museum Guided Tour will save travelers precious time they can use to visit other top Paris attractions, with prioritized entry, no queues, a guided tour and a glimpse at the Mona Lisa. According to Viator customer earunner123, “The skip the line pass was well worth it! The queue was at least 2-3 hours long but it only took our group 5 minutes to whisk through the entrance.”
- The Louvre may get most of the Parisian limelight, but travelers are also flocking to the Musée d’Orsay this summer. Options to skip the line can also include an Impressionist art walking tour or a tour in combination with a visit to the Louvre. As Viator customer Shannon D. Preston put it, “Sneaking in the side door and avoiding the rather long ticket line is an obvious extra bonus.”
- The Vatican is home to one of the most popular museums in the world, and travelers are guaranteed to avoid long waits with Viator’s skip the line options including Skip the Line: Vatican Museums Tickets which provide exclusive VIP access through a reserved door and allow users to skip all lines, even priority ones. Viator customer Elizabeth H. stated, “It definitely was helpful and almost necessary to have the skip the line tickets….the Vatican was extremely crowded. I heard the wait was about 3 hours!”
- Leave the crowds at the Colosseum behind and head straight inside with Viator’s Skip the Line: Ancient Rome and Colosseum Half-Day Walking Tour. Viator Insiders recommend this tour for first-time visitors to Rome, and as customer Sheryl L. noted, “Skipping the lines meant not spending over 2 hours in line to buy tickets. Definitely worth it!”
- The Tuscan town of Pisa is famous for its leaning tower, and travelers are checking this amazing feat of construction off their bucket lists this summer. Viator’s Pisa Half-Day Trip from Florence Including Skip-the-Line Leaning Tower of Pisa Ticket lets travelers pass long entrance lines to enjoy unforgettable views from the top.
- Amsterdam is one of the most alluring destinations in Europe and one of the city’s highlights, the Van Gough Museum, is seeing its fair share of crowds this summer honoring the 125th anniversary of the artist’s 1890 death. Viator’s Skip the Line: Van Gough Museum and Rikjsmuseum Tour Including Amsterdam Canals Lunch Cruise allows travelers to bypass entrance queues at both museums. Viator customer Vovo exclaimed, “Had we not taken this trip, we would have spent hours waiting in the queues in front of the museums.”
- Long lines can also be avoided at another popular Amsterdam attraction, the Anne Frank House, with Viator’s Skip-the-Line Anne Frank House and Jewish Historical Museum Amsterdam. Viator customers note the “queues are horrendous” but travelers can skip the line and enter the house at an entrance specified for groups, saving a lot of time. As customer HHernand stated, “Loved it and was so glad I did not have to stand in the endless line!”
For more information about these experiences and other Skip the Line Viator tours and activities throughout Europe and the rest of the world, as well as the latest deals, promotions, contests and news, visit http://www.viator.com or follow Viator on Facebook (ViatorTours) and Twitter (ViatorTravel).
- Source – TripAdvisor Identifies European Bargain Trips For U.S. Travelers (April 7, 2015). All reviews are from customers as posted on Viator.com.
Viator, a TripAdvisor company, is the leading global tours and activities provider for travelers, delivering online and mobile access to thousands of curated trip activities including tours, attractions, shore excursions and private guides, in more than 1,500 destinations worldwide. In-house travel experts work with trusted local operators to ensure the quality and value of every experience, all backed by Viator’s 24/7 customer service and global low-price guarantee. With more than 600,000 verified reviews plus exclusive videos and insider travel tips, Viator has everything a traveler needs to find and book the best things to do worldwide. In addition to the flagship site – Viator.com – travelers can book in advance or in-destination via the Viator Tours and Activities App, as well as local-language sites for European, Latin American and Asian travelers. Viator also provides tours and activities to more than 3,000 affiliate partners including some of the world’s top airlines, hotels and online travel agencies. Viator is headquartered in San Francisco with regional offices in Sydney, London and Las Vegas. Viator – travel with an insider.
TripAdvisor® is the world's largest travel site*, enabling travelers to plan and book the perfect trip. TripAdvisor offers trusted advice from real travelers and a wide variety of travel choices and planning features with seamless links to booking tools that check hundreds of websites to find the best hotel prices. TripAdvisor branded sites make up the largest travel community in the world, reaching 375 million unique monthly visitors**, and more than 250 million reviews and opinions covering 5.2 million accommodations, restaurants and attractions. The sites operate in 45 countries worldwide. TripAdvisor also includes TripAdvisor for Business, a dedicated division that provides the tourism industry access to millions of monthly TripAdvisor visitors.
TripAdvisor, Inc. (NASDAQ: TRIP) manages and operates websites under 24 other travel media brands: airfarewatchdog.com, bookingbuddy.com, cruisecritic.com, everytrail.com, familyvacationcritic.com, flipkey.com, thefork.com (including lafourchette.com, eltenedor.com, iens.nl, besttables.com and dimmi.com.au), gateguru.com, holidaylettings.co.uk, holidaywatchdog.com, independenttraveler.com, jetsetter.com, niumba.com, onetime.com, oyster.com, seatguru.com, smartertravel.com, tingo.com, travelpod.com, tripbod.com, vacationhomerentals.com, viator.com, virtualtourist.com, and kuxun.cn.
*Source: comScore Media Metrix for TripAdvisor Sites, worldwide, December 2014
**Source: TripAdvisor log files, average monthly unique users, Q2 2015