Campbell, CA (PRWEB) August 05, 2015
NAKIVO Inc., the fastest-growing virtualization and cloud backup software company for VMware environments, today announced that is has upgraded the NAKIVO Backup & Replication Free edition with features from the Pro edition of the product.
"We are pleased to provide a complimentary VM data protection tool to the VMware community," said Bruce Talley, CEO and co-founder of NAKIVO. “Now at no charge, VMware professionals can protect up to two important VMs with NAKIVO Backup & Replication while also enjoying its advanced recovery capabilities.”
This edition of NAKIVO Backup & Replication now provides all features which are available in the Pro edition of the product, including:
- VM Backup: Image-based, incremental backup of VMware VMs that can be run on schedule or ad hoc, both locally over LAN and offsite over (a slow) WAN.
- VM Replication: Image-based, incremental replication of VMware VMs, which creates and maintains identical copies of source VMs on target hosts. If source VMs are lost or damaged, VM replicas can be instantly powering on providing near-instant disaster recovery.
- Support for Applications and Databases: Application-aware mode ensures that data in Exchange, Active Directory, MS SQL, SharePoint, Oracle, and other applications and databases is consistent and can be recovered. In addition, the product can truncate Exchange log files to reduce required storage.
- Backup to Amazon Cloud: Built-in backup to Amazon cloud, which provides a fast, reliable, and affordable cloud storage for VMware VM backups.
- Instant VM Recovery: Flash VM Boot provides the ability to run (boot) VMs directly from compressed and deduplicated VM backups. This way VMware VMs can be recovered within seconds, without waiting for full restore from backup files.
- Instant Application Objects Recovery: Enables browsing, searching, and recovering Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft Active Directory objects directly from compressed and deduplicated VM backups, without restoring the entire VM first.
- Instant File Recovery: Enables browsing, searching, and recovering files and folders directly from compressed and deduplicated VM backups.
- Screenshot Verification: Instantly verifies VM backups by recovering VMs with Flash VM Boot, making screenshots of the booted VMs, and sending a report with screenshots via email.
- Storage Space Reduction: Global data deduplication, which works across entire backup repository. Deduplicated blocks are compressed further reduce the space required to keep VM backups.
This edition can be downloaded at no charge at http://www.nakivo.com/en/NAKIVO-Backup-and-Replication-Free-Edition.htm and includes 2 VM licenses.
- Overview: http://www.nakivo.com/VMware-VM-backup-replication-recovery-software.htm
- Datasheet: http://www.nakivo.com/Resources/NBR-DS.pdf
- Backup to Cloud: http://www.nakivo.com/vmware-cloud-backup-as-a-service.htm
- Success Stories: http://www.nakivo.com/success-stories.htm
- Trial Download: http://www.nakivo.com/en/VMware-Backup-Free-Trial.htm
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, NAKIVO is a privately-held software company that has been profitable since founding in 2012. With more than 7,500 customers - including many Fortune 1,000 companies - and over 900 channel partners across 102 countries worldwide, NAKIVO develops and markets a line of next generation data protection products for clouds and VMware virtualized environments. NAKIVO provides a fast, reliable, and affordable VM backup and replication solution for enabling SMBs and enterprises to protect and recover VM data onsite, offsite, and to the cloud. NAKIVO has also enabled over 50 hosting, managed, and cloud services providers to create and offer VM Backup-as-a-Service, Replication-as-a-Service, and DR-as-a-Service to their customers. NAKIVO was the first virtualization backup specialist to offer SMBs cloud backup to public clouds such as Amazon and multi-tenancy to cloud service providers and enterprise customers. For more information, please visit nakivo.com.
Follow us on Twitter: @NAKIVO
Connect on Facebook: facebook.com/NakivoInc
Join us on LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/nakivo
Contact us: Yana Petrenko, MarCom Manager / yana.petrenko(at)nakivo(dot)com / +1 408 916 5955