The Aquilo System made a phenomenal difference for us during this year’s Tour de France...with Aquilo, our athletes were able to easily ice on the bus after racing to ensure they were always ready for the next stage of the race.
Louisville, KY (PRWEB) August 06, 2015
Movistar Team, the Spanish-based professional road cycling team, won this year’s Tour de France teams classification. The nearest team competitor finished almost a full hour behind the Movistar Team. Individual Movistar Team riders also took home second and third place at the sport’s most prestigious race. The team had a secret weapon for recovery on its side thanks to Aquilo Sports, the science-based sports technology company that is modernizing recovery for elite athletes.
“The Aquilo System made a phenomenal difference for us during this year’s Tour de France and I believe it made a major contribution to the team’s success," said Alfonso Galilea, technical director of the Movistar Team. “The Tour de France is a battle of endurance and strength, so it is critical that our athletes keep their legs fresh during the three-week event. With Aquilo, our athletes were able to easily ice on the bus after racing to ensure they were always ready for the next stage of the race.”
The Aquilo System is a revolutionary personal and portable lower-body cold therapy suit that combines cold and compression in a personalized suit, allowing athletes to recover when they want and where they want.
“We’ve taken the power of ice bath therapy and modernized it to make recovery easier and more efficient for today’s athletes, said Dr. Paul Spence, founder & CEO of Aquilo Sports. “We are honored to partner with the Movistar team - they are an incredible organization that is embracing this new approach to recuperation. Their team’s ability to recover along the Tour and their remarkable performance is further proof that the Aquilo System is truly changing the game for recovery.”
Elite athletes aren’t the only ones who should take recovery seriously, which is why Aquilo is offering a few top tips to help everyone evolve their recuperation practices.
1. The workout starts before you do: Remember that warming up is critical to avoid injury. Stretching beforehand can reduce strain and ensure you’re set up for success.
2. Remember to end a workout with gentle stretching: Muscles recover better when the workout does not end abruptly and muscle are allowed to downshift from heavy workloads.
3. Cool your muscles…and repeat: It’s recommended that athletes cool for a minimum of 15 minutes after every workout and every competition. That includes events away from the home training facility. Recently athletes are finding that a second fifteen-minute cooling period in the evening makes a big difference in the performance the next day.
4. Make time for massage: A weekly, bi-weekly or even monthly deep tissue massage can help work out any kinks – not to mention serve as a nice way to de-stress! An experienced massage expert can identify and treat the tense locations in your muscles.
5. Don’t skimp or skip: Consistency is important, so just as you try not to miss a workout, don’t miss a recovery session either.
About Aquilo Sports
Aquilo Sports is a science-based sports technology company that is modernizing recovery for elite athletes. The Aquilo System is a revolutionary personal and portable lower-body cold therapy suit that provides all the benefits of an ice bath without the discomfort, limitations and cost. By combining cold and compression, Aquilo allows athletes to easily recuperate anytime, anywhere to accelerate the recovery process for improved performance. For more information, visit http://www.aquilosports.com/