Alexandria, VA (PRWEB) August 10, 2015
Total Resource Management, Inc. (TRM), a leading enterprise asset management (EAM) consulting and technology firm announced the award of Massachusetts Water Resources Authority’s Maximo upgrade project from Maximo system from 5.2 to 7.6.
The Massachusetts Water Resources Authority (MWRA) provides wholesale water and sewer services to 2.5 million people and more than 5,500 large industrial users in 61 metropolitan Boston communities.
With assets located in an area of more than 800 square miles and 120,000 individual pieces of equipment, MWRA has developed and implemented a well-structured, robust maintenance and asset protection program that includes predictive, preventive, and corrective maintenance, condition monitoring and assessments, as well as, capital rehabilitation and replacement.
Assets, facilities, equipment, and vehicles are tracked through IBM Maximo, the leading Enterprise Asset Management system for utilities, and one of the key building blocks of MWRA’s asset management program. Use of Maximo began on MWRA’s Deer Island Wastewater Treatment Plant in 1995 and has since been extended to almost all other water and wastewater facilities.
In addition to upgrading the core Maximo system, this project will consolidate Deer Island and Field Operations into a single, multi-site system and add these additional modules:
- Calibration to calibrate tools and measure equipment to better schedule maintenance
- SmartCloud Control Desk to replace a legacy MIS help desk solution and integrate all IT (Information technology) assets onto one platform
- Maximo Anywhere, built on IBM’s MobileFirst enterprise mobile platform, to provide authorized field staff remote access from mobile devices
- Spatial Asset Management for viewing complex GIS information to improve planning and scheduling along geographically close routes
- Linear Asset Management to improve the management of linear assets like pipes and their underlying characteristics like pipe material, manhole location, pipe size over the span of a linear asset using dynamic segmentation
- Maximo Scheduler, an end-to-end work management tool fully integrated with Maximo
MWRA’s selection committee chose TRM over all other IBM Maximo Gold Accredited partners due to the detailed plans and low-cost solution. With the inclusion of TRM’s RulesManager™ extension which adds functionality and reduces implementation and configuration times for Maximo, plus excellent references and highly experienced and key personnel, TRM proved to be the most skilled and cost-effective solution.
The project will kick off with a best practice report and workshops led by TRM’s Utilities, Energy and Reliability Practice Director.
TRM teamed with SHI, an IDIQ contract holder for the State of Massachusetts, to provide a purchasing vehicle for the additional licenses.
TRM is a leading IBM Maximo Cloud Solutions and Enterprise Asset Management consulting and technology company.
For over twenty years, TRM's combination of Maximo expertise, cloud management capabilities, unique Maximo extensions and industry expertise, has delivered unparalleled functionality, ROI, value and performance for asset-intensive organizations using Maximo.
TRM delivers Maximo asset management solutions to Energy and Utilities, Gas and Oil, Federal and Department of Defense, and Manufacturing industries.
We are an IBM Premier Business Partner, Maximo Gold accredited, with headquarters in Alexandria, Virginia, with supporting offices across the US.
For more information, visit http://www.trmnet.com or call 703-548-4285.
IBM and Maximo are registered trademarks of IBM Corporation.
TRM RulesManager is a trademark of Total Resource Management, Inc.