We have had a great partnership with Mater Dei for the last 13 years, and we remain committed to providing the highest level of care to their student athletes to keep them active and injury-free for years to come.
Evansville, IN (PRWEB) August 11, 2015
Mater Dei High School was recently named a recipient of the National Athletic Trainers’ Association (NATA) Safe Sports School award for its athletic programs, thanks to the assistance of ProRehab Certified Athletic Trainer Seth Brunner and Mater Dei Athletic Director Joe Herrmann. The award champions safety and recognizes secondary schools that provide safe environments for student athletes, reinforcing the importance of providing the best level of care, injury prevention, and treatment.
“ProRehab is honored to have played a part in Mater Dei High School’s 1st Team recognition from NATA,” said Brunner. “We have had a great partnership with Mater Dei for the last 13 years, and we remain committed to providing the highest level of care to their student athletes to keep them active and injury-free for years to come. We look forward to a healthy 2015-2016 school year.”
In order to achieve Safe Sport School status, as Mater Dei did, athletic programs must do the following:
- Create a positive athletic health care administrative system
- Provide or coordinate pre-participation physical examinations
- Promote safe and appropriate practice and competition facilities
- Plan for selection, fit function and proper maintenance of athletic equipment
- Provide a permanent, appropriately equipped area to evaluate and treat injured athletes
- Develop injury and illness prevention strategies, including protocols for environmental conditions
- Provide or facilitate injury intervention
- Create and rehearse a venue-specific Emergency Action Plan
- Provide or facilitate psychosocial consultation and nutritional counseling/education
- Be sure athletes and parents are educated of the potential benefits and risks in sports as well as their responsibilities
For more information on NATA’s Safe School please visit: http://www.athletictrainers.org.
ProRehab Certified Athletic Trainers and Physical Therapists are the best first choice for injury prevention, performance enhancement and treatment of musculoskeletal conditions for student athletes and their families in the tri-state area. For more information about ProRehab, or to book an appointment, please visit ProRehab-PC.com or call 866.885.9691.
ProRehab is a private physical therapy practice with locations in Evansville, southwest Indiana and western Kentucky. Known for teaching and training physical therapists throughout the region, ProRehab physical therapists are proud that patients ask their doctors to send them to ProRehab for orthopedic care. They deliver hands-on physical and occupational therapy based on the newest research to achieve the best results for patients with bad backs, achy joints, wounded hands, and sports and work injuries. Along the way, the ProRehab family has fun and makes friends with their patients; patients are actually sad to leave after their treatment is over! Find ProRehab on Facebook, @ProRehab on Twitter, and FourSquare.
About NATA: National Athletic Trainers’ Association (NATA) – Health Care for Life & Sport
Athletic trainers are health care professionals who specialize in the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries and sport-related illnesses. They prevent and treat chronic musculoskeletal injuries from sports, physical and occupational activity, and provide immediate care for acute injuries. Athletic trainers offer a continuum of care that is unparalleled in health care. The National Athletic Trainers' Association represents and supports 39,000 members of the athletic training profession. Visit http://www.nata.org.