Reston, VA (PRWEB) August 12, 2015
Crafter Software, the award-winning provider of innovative Web content management software that powers high performance, personalized digital experiences, announced today the release of Crafter Community Edition Version 2.5.
This new release of Crafter CMS delivers several innovative features and enhancements, including:
- Enhanced Authoring User Interface (UI): Crafter Studio, Crafter CMS’s authoring system, just got a facelift with a cleaner and more modern interface.
- Internationalized UI: Crafter Studio now fully supports internationalization of its user interface.
- Improved In-Context Editing: It’s easier to identify and quickly make content changes to pages and components.
- Improved Drag and Drop: The user interface is cleaner and authors now have better categorization and organization of their available components and UI widgets.
- Enhanced Code Editing: Crafter Studio now sports an enhanced code editor with a more functional, full screen code editing experience and new code templates.
- Improved Architecture :Crafter Studio is now a fully independent application. Communication takes place with the underlying repository through an abstraction layer and over CMIS. This allows Crafter to continue to provide a deep integration with enterprise content repositories, but to manage the lifecycle and upgrade of Studio independently.
- Better Development Capabilities: Crafter Engine has improved scripting capabilities and has new support for interceptors (servlet filter like functionality) and scheduled tasks.
- Easy Install and Setup: Installation is now as simple as downloading and opening a zip file.
“The new features and improvements make Crafter Community Edition Version 2.5 the most modern CMS in the world,” said Russ Danner, VP of Products, Crafter Software. “With its innovative new authoring interface and next generation development capabilities, Crafter CMS is evolving into the leading open-source digital experience platform of the 21st century.”
Crafter Software's award-winning Web experience management platform allows leading enterprises to engage target audiences, easily create and optimize beautiful digital content, and accelerate the development of websites, mobile apps and other content-oriented applications.
Crafter Community Edition Version 2.5 is now available for download at http://craftercms.org/downloads
For more details, go to http://blog.craftersoftware.com/2015/07/25/introducing-crafter-cms-2-5-community/
About Crafter Software
Crafter Software enables the creation of rich and engaging websites, mobile applications, and multi-channel digital experiences. Available both in the cloud and on-premise, Crafter Software’s solutions are based on the award-winning Crafter CMS open source project, which was built from the ground up as a modern platform for creating more relevant Web and mobile experiences through targeted delivery of personalized content. Serving as the lynchpin between enterprise systems and end users, Crafter’s solutions enable marketing, sales and support teams to author and manage content while harvesting analytics and data-driven insights to deliver engaging experiences across all digital channels - the Web, mobile, social, and more. Learn more at http://craftersoftware.com and http://craftercms.org.