Appleton, Wisconsin (PRWEB) August 12, 2015
The ThedaCare Center for Healthcare Value is hosting a multi-day, multi-workshop Lean Leadership Series at Martin Medical Center in Stuart, Florida, Oct. 13-16, designed to develop healthcare professionals into lean leaders who drive higher value in their organizations.
“This is a great opportunity for leaders in lean organizations to learn and practice foundational concepts from experienced practitioners,” said Marta Karlov, the Center’s director of education. “In addition, knowing that healthcare organizations are facing budget constraints, we reduced our fees to make it easier for individuals to attend more than one session.”
The Series blends classroom learning, gemba tours, and networking to offer a relevant, hands-on mix of experiences. Participants can develop their own learning tracks by registering for up to three of the following sessions:
- A3 Thinking
- Coaching for Improvement
- Creating a Lean Management System
- Implementing Rolling Forecasts in Healthcare
- Moving Beyond Budgeting in Healthcare
- The Building Blocks of Enterprise Excellence: Accelerating Your Transformation with The Shingo Model
- Gemba visit to tour the host site, Martin Medical Center
Details about each session are available online at createvalue.org. CE credits also are available.
“It accelerated my learning, as well as saved my organization time and money. It was a great way to benefit from the wisdom of the Center faculty,” said Kay Hall, director of lean at Adventist Medical Center in Oregon and a participant in the April Lean Leadership Series. “The location of the offerings also made it possible to bring a learning cohort from our site so we could have a common experience to build from.”
LEAN LEADERSHIP SERIES
- Insights from experts across a variety of disciplines
- Ability to choose three of six innovative learning experiences, including one gemba
- Highly interactive sessions to allow for practice and learning from peers
- CE credits available
- Learn more or register at createvalue.org
- Contact Marta Karlov at mkarlov(at)createvalue(dot)org with any questions
THEDACARE CENTER FOR HEALTHCARE VALUE
The ThedaCare Center for Healthcare Value is an education institute that believes we must have three essential elements for sustainable change in healthcare: Delivery of care designed around the patient, payment and incentives based upon value and outcomes, and transparency of performance (quality and cost) throughout the healthcare system. Founded in 2007 and headquartered in Appleton, Wisconsin, we are a small not for profit with a big mission to help change the healthcare industry. Learn more at: createvalue.org.