Las Vegas, Nevada (PRWEB) August 13, 2015
Multimedia Games, a GCA Inc. company (NYSE: GCA), is hosting the TournEvent of Champions in collaboration with casinos across the country to crown the nation’s best slot tournament player.
Through July, the first 98 casino finalists have qualified to compete for the national title at the Wynn’s XS Nightclub in Las Vegas on September 29-30, 2015. Qualifying rounds will continue into September with more than 175 slot players expected to compete for the National Championship and a grand prize of $1 million.
The July qualifiers are:
- Irma Hurtado, Chula Vista, Calif., Golden Acorn Casino & Travel Center
- Frances Granger, Oakdale, La., Coushatta Casino Resort
- Pamela Magallanes, Beloit, Kansas, Kansas Star Casino
- Michael Puentes, Bermington, Okla., Choctaw Casino Resort Durant
- Monica Recio, Leonard, Texas, Choctaw Casino Resort Durant
- Robert Robinson, Topeka, Kansas, Prairie Band Casino & Resort
- Lois Birt, Topeka, Kansas, Prairie Band Casino & Resort
- Dorotea Navarro, Cerritos, Calif., Valley View Casino & Hotel
- Kenneth Lindquist, Prior Lake, Minn., Little Six Casino
- Trista Wilson, New Prague, Minn., Little Six Casino
- Maria Sesmas, Salton City, Calif., Red Earth Casino
- Bradley Dawson, Grayling, Mich., Turtle Creek Casino & Hotel
- Jane Hammel, Ionia, Mich., Turtle Creek Casino & Hotel
- Amanda Steele, Traverse City, Mich., Turtle Creek Casino & Hotel
- Jeffrey Gray, Clarksville, Ark., Choctaw Casino Hotel Pocola
- Kum Bolin, Fort Smith, Ark., Choctaw Casino Hotel Pocola
- Marcel Splane, Broken Arrow, Okla., River Spirit Casino
- Brant Schneider, Tulsa, Okla., River Spirit Casino
- Jolena Tillequotes, White Swan, Wash., Yakama Legends Casino
- Jerry Hoffpauir, Powderly, Texas, Choctaw Casino Resort Grant
- Scotty Gibson, Paris, Texas, Choctaw Casino Resort Grant
- Dawn Drescher, Clarkston, Wash., Clearwater River Casino & Lodge
- Ruth Hernandez, Del Rio, Texas, Kickapoo Lucky Eagle Casino Hotel
- Stacy Dunn, Port Angelo, Wash., Elwha River Casino
- Donald Copeland, Port Angelo, Wash., Elwha River Casino
- Martha Garcia, Coarsegold, Calif., Table Mountain Casino
- David Boone, Highland Village, Texas, WinStar World Casino & Resort
- Jon Alan Griffey, Hurst, Texas, WinStar World Casino & Resort
- Nanette Bowling, Marionville, Mo., Downstream Casino Resort
- Sandra Brackett, Joplin, Mo., Downstream Casino Resort
- Fred Nelson, Hansville, Wash., Suquamish Clearwater Casino Resort
- Maureen McGarrity, Paulsbo, Wash., Suquamish Clearwater Casino Resort
- Marilyn McAfee, Mustang, Okla., Newcastle Casino
- Terry Stock, Beckemeyer, Ill., Casino Queen
- Robert Trammell, Choctaw, Okla., Remington Park Racing & Casino
- Kathleen Tuohy, Edmond, Okla., Remington Park Racing & Casino
- Gary Brasfield, Blaine, Wash., Silver Reef Hotel Casino Spa
- Juanita Moz, Corcoran, Calif., Tachi Palace Casino
- John Tokhem, Thor, Iowa, Meskwaki Bingo Casino
- Melissa Jenkins, Auburn, Wash., Muckleshoot Casino
“The TournEvent of Champions is down to its final month of qualifying,” said Ram V. Chary, GCA President and Chief Executive Officer. “And the intensity of competition seen at each of our partner casinos can only be matched by what promises to be an electric championship event at The Wynn Las Vegas.”
The TournEvent of Champions takes slot tournaments to a whole new level. Two TournEvent of Champions buses are crisscrossing the country from April through August, visiting 22 states with more than 250,000 players competing for the chance to represent their favorite casino in Las Vegas. Casinos are hosting slot leagues, semi-finals and then in-casino finals to find their top players to represent them at the National Championship.
TournEvent of Champions began in 2012 with regional competitions in California and Washington. The event crowned its first national champion in 2013 after 88 players from 77 casinos competed in the finals at Lagasse’s Stadium at The Palazzo in Las Vegas. The 2014 event expanded to 123 players from 98 casinos and a total purse of $500,000. In 2015, TournEvent of Champions is expecting more than 175 players from 100 casinos to compete for the $1 million top prize. TournEvent of Champions tour buses are sponsored by Strictly Slots, Effinet, Norwegian Cruise Line, Virtex Enterprises, Transact, PC Promotions, CS Creative Surfaces, Andover Audio, Sequel Data Systems, Unistar-Sparco Computers, Sunkist Graphics, Cole Kepro, Gary Platt Mfg., Suzo Happ, AMW Precision, Columbus Data Systems, and VSR Industries.
About Multimedia Games, Inc.
Multimedia Games, Inc., a GCA company (NYSE: GCA), develops and distributes gaming technology from its operations, technology and manufacturing facilities in Austin, Texas. The company is a creator and supplier of comprehensive systems, content and electronic gaming units for Native American and commercial casinos. Revenue is derived from gaming units in operation on revenue-sharing arrangements as well as from the sale of gaming units and systems that feature proprietary game content and game themes licensed from others. Multimedia Games also supplies the central determinant system for the video lottery terminals ("VLTs") installed at racetracks in the State of New York. The company was recently listed as one of Fortune’s 100 Fastest-Growing Companies of 2014. Please visit http://www.multimediagames.com, twitter.com/MultimediaGames or facebook.com/MultimediaGames, where Multimedia Games discloses important information about the company, its sales, and its business.
About the TournEvent of Champions®
The TournEvent of Champions is a collaboration between Multimedia Games, a GCA company, and top casinos across the country to bring unprecedented competition, intensity and glory to the casino floor through a national slot tournament, crowning the industry’s only Slot Tournament National Champion. The first TournEvent of Champions took place in 2013 with 88 players, representing 77 casinos competing for the national title and $100,000 grand prize. The 2014 TournEvent of Champions hosted 123 players from 103 casinos, with $500,000 in total prize money, including a Champion’s share of $200,000. In 2015, over 175 players from more than 100 casinos are expected to compete for a prize purse of $1.3 million, including a Champion’s grand prize share of $1 million (see complete contest rules for prize disbursement governance)*.
*Grand prize awarded using periodic payments over 20 years.