Boosted by new opportunities following big ticket projects in Saudi Arabia, regulations for use of green cement in UAE, as well as Iran’s cement exports potential post the sanction era, CMT is hosting 10th Middle East CemenTrade
Dubai. UAE (PRWEB) August 17, 2015
The 1.5 day summit will open with an overview of the ‘Global Cement Markets and M&A Outlook’ presented by Imran Akram, CEO, IA Cement. Next it zooms in on the Middle East market with a key session on ‘Saudi’s Construction Sector Outlook & Cement Consumption Analysis’ led by Fadi Mujahed, Chief Commercial Officer, Saudi Readymix Concrete, with an update on the country’s upcoming projects – Riyadh & Jeddah Metro, expansion of Grand Mosque in Mecca and more. After that a review of UAE’s Green cement for construction activities will be shared by Anil Parashar, Cementitious Expert Dubai while the ‘Fundamental Changes & Opportunities in Iran’s Cement, Clinker & Steel Market after Lifting of Sanctions’ will be presented by Hossein Parhizgar, Managing Director, KTP.
Giorgio Bodo, Sr. Industry Advisor, Cement Business Advisory then presents a timely paper on ‘Finding a Competitive Niche and Strategies to Succeed in a Consolidated Cement Environment’, especially post the Lafarge-Holcim merger. Besides, attendees can also look forward to a session on ‘Status of Granulated Blast Furnace Slag in Japan’ by Kenji Nobata, General Manager, Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corporation.
Other notable session at the Dubai summit include:
- Iran’s Cement Capacity & Export Outlook – Hamid Reza Tajik, Managing Director, Development of Nano Technology
- GGBS Cement Production in Challenging Economic Conditions: Adapting the Business Model – Ecocem Ireland Story – John Newell, Chairman, Ecocem Ireland
- Trade Opportunities & Outlook for Turkey & Mediterranean Cement Markets – Metin Atik, President & General Manager, Meta Foreign Trade
- Volatility of Dry Bulk Cargo Trade – Rahul Sharan, Dry Bulk Analyst, Drewry
- Nano Cement: Effective Approach to Modifying Ordinary Portland Cement – David Campbell, Head of Business Development, Moscow IMET International
- Egypt Cement Sector Update - Mr.Hassan Sayed Gabry, Director (Commercial Affairs), Arabian Cement Company
- Trade Opportunities & Challenges for UAE & MENA Cement Markets - Mr.Ayman Ismail, Senior Trading Manager, Holcim Trading FZCO
- Panel Discussion: Regional Demand & Challenges for Cement in the Wake of Oil Price Collapse
- Imran Akram, CEO, IA Cement
- Hamid Reza Tajik, Managing Director, Development of Nano Technology
- Fadi Mujahed, Chief Commercial Officer, Saudi Readymix Concrete
View event website or contact Ms. Grace at +65 6346 9147 for more details.