The online care group will allow our clients and their families to engage with our staff anytime and anywhere and extend the reach and effectiveness of our programs.
Wellesley, Massachusetts (PRWEB) August 18, 2015
Digital Collaboration Solutions (DCS), a leading consulting and services firm for care coordination and healthcare provider and patient engagement, today announced the launch of the Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) for Children Aspire secure online care group for individuals with High Cognitive Autism Spectrum Disorder. The cloud-based care group will improve care coordination, communication, and knowledge sharing for Aspire clients, their families and Aspire staff. It is built on a mobile-enabled, HIPAA-compliant enterprise social community technology.
The MGM Aspire online care group provides:
- An easy-to-use digital platform for care team collaboration,
- A secure, HIPAA-compliant platform to create, share, and organize important information,
- An innovative method for all users to interact with each other,
- And an advanced way for individuals with High Cognitive Autism Spectrum Disorder and their families to be more closely involved with their therapeutic interventions.
“We are excited to initiate this new approach to delivering Aspire services to our clients,” said Dr. Scott McLeod, Aspire Director. “The online care group will allow our clients and their families to engage with our staff anytime and anywhere and extend the reach and effectiveness of our programs.”
The online care group is being rolled out in phases. The first phase is at Aspire’s specialized summer day camp program and:
- Uses the care group for a pilot group of campers, their parents and, and the Aspire clinical team,
- Is focused at automating daily communication about campers’ achievement of clinical goals that is part of the camp program’s clinical structure,
- Enables improved two-way communication between camp staff and parents about the day-to-day clinical effectiveness of the camp program, and
- Uses the enterprise social community technology to provide an online repository of training and policy materials for the Aspire camp staff.
Later online group phases will expand the participant group to be used for other Aspire therapeutic programs and by Aspire clients’ broader care teams.
“The MGM Aspire online care group is an innovative way for care teams to work together and educate each other on diagnosed health condition challenges, progress, and outcomes,” said Michael Levinger, Chief Executive Officer, DCS. “Integrated mobile technologies play an important role in accelerating this type of patient and care team collaboration. We look forward to measuring the long-term success of MGM Aspire’s mission.”
About MGH Aspire
MGH Aspire helps children, teens and adults with a high cognitive autism spectrum disorder or a related social profile make social connections and develop independence. At MGH Aspire our participants learn age and developmentally appropriate skills needed succeed at home, school, in their communities or in the work place. See http://www.massgeneral.org/children/aspire/default.aspx for more information.
About Digital Collaboration Solutions, LLC
Digital Collaboration Solutions (DCS) is a consulting and services company that helps healthcare organizations improve care coordination and patient and provider engagement through innovative communications, collaboration, and technology. The DCS team combines healthcare, health IT, and communications experience with the latest in digital collaboration technologies to deliver measurable results and improved outcomes. For more information, visit thinkdcs.com and follow us @thinkDCS.