ezColony® v5 is designed to support the way our customers manage their animal colonies today.
Frederick, MD (PRWEB) August 18, 2015
RURO’s ezColony® v5 is designed to support the way our customers manage their animal colonies today. The software is secure and web-based, to allow easy, real-time access to authorized personnel only. It includes many communication and notification tools. A powerful search engine aids in real-time monitoring of colony status, history, genotype, etc. A comprehensive audit trail automatically records changes for review or reporting.
Key Upgrades from 2 years of customer feedback:
- New, redesigned User Interface
- Simplified overations and workflows
- Usability and stability improvements
RURO’s ezColony® software includes easy to use tools for managing transgenic animal colonies, including planning and tracking functions necessary to derive new lines, maintain existing lines, and archive lines for future data use.
- Virtual Cages - graphically represent cages and colonies as they exist in the facility; tracking all room, rack, cage, and animal assets.
- Colony Events - automatic notifications are configurable for any scheduled animal house event.
- Animal Breeding - configure breeding schemes and schedules to match your facility and visually track generations on Pedigree Trees.
- Identification - ezColony® supports many methods of identification including barcodes, RFID tags, and traditional ear clips or notches. ezColony® is compatible with many barcoding and RFID hardware scanners, readers, and printers.
- Compliance - ezColony® helps meet the reporting requirement of the AALAS (American Association for Laboratory Animal Science) and ILAR (Institute for Laboratory Animal Research) and guidelines for licensing of new drugs and biological (MCMs) under the FDA Animal Rule.
ezColony® v5 can be integrated with other RURO software solutions to add additional functionality. By combining ezColony® with an Electronic Laboratory Notebook like Sciency ELN®, users gain a complete information management solution to organize, capture, and share experimental data and notes, along with animal records. When users work with ezColony® complimented by a robust LIMS such as RURO’s LIMFINITY v6, they have tools and functionality to track animal models, pre-clinical research, drug discovery, and any other laboratory processes.
For a full list of features, visit ruro.com or speak to a representative at (888) 881-7876.
The ezColony® v5 upgrade is available for FREE download through the Virtual Machine (VM) console for existing customers or contact RURO Sales to purchase.
About RURO, Inc.
Founded in 2006, RURO specializes in Laboratory Information Management and RFID Solutions. RURO’s Limfinity® is the informatics centerpiece in many of the world’s leading Translation Science programs and Biobanks. RURO’s RFID Solutions meet critical inventory management, tracking and security needs. RURO is Laboratory Information Bliss. Visit RURO at ruro.com for more information.
# # #