"Since its inception in 2013, over 8,500 catheter modeling runs have been completed by the Users of the CathCAD® software.
(PRWEB) August 19, 2015
Roth Technologies, LLC announces the release of its MultiLumen (ML) CathCAD® Catheter Modeling software. The ML CathCAD® software allows the User to model and optimize MultiLumen Composite Tubing design for minimally invasive medical catheters.
The software computes flexural (EI), longitudinal (EA), and torsional (GJ) rigidities and also includes the following additional capabilities:
- A wide range of MultiLumen configurations may be modeled including (a) Double D, (b) Multiple Round Lumen (two, three, four, and/or five), (c) Circle Crescent, and/or (d) Composite MultiLumen including braid reinforced.
- Catheter failure mode analysis including tensile strength, torque, kink radius, and external pressure rating.
- Flexural rigidity and kink radius resultants are computed about both the x and y-axis to handle non-symmetric design configurations.
- All modeling results may be directly exported to Microsoft Excel from the software
- The ML CathCAD® software package runs under Windows XP/7/8/10 operating systems and offers inherent (automatic) support for "Comma for Decimal Point" European numerical formatting.
The software includes an extensive library of catheter materials and braid wire sizes commonly used in the medical device industry. The managed database is stored in a MySQL server that is accessed via an Internet connection. The database can be configured and customized at the customer level to meet specific design requirements.
Since its inception in 2013, over 8,500 catheter modeling runs have been completed by the Users of the CathCAD® software. For more information on CathCAD® and ML CathCAD®, please see our website at https://www.cathcad.com.