The largest organ in the human body is our skin. One of the healthiest things that can be done to sustain and reestablish the skin’s functional state is dry skin brushing
Orland Park, Illinois (PRWEB) August 18, 2015
“The largest organ in the human body is our skin. One of the healthiest things that can be done to sustain and reestablish the skin’s functional state is dry skin brushing,” began Diana Sourek, MS, CNC, Certified Gluten Practitioner, and Manager, New Vitality Health Foods, Inc. “In addition to the numerous benefits for the skin,dry skin brushing offers many therapeutic advantages for the body as a whole.”
The lymphatic system is the responsible for eliminating cellular waste products. Hundreds of miles of lymphatic tubules allow waste to be collected from the tissues and then transported to the blood for elimination, a process referred to as lymphatic drainage. Dry skin brushing helps to speed up the process of eliminating waste via lymph stimulation.
Ms. Sourek explained, “When the lymphatic system is not working properly, waste and toxins can accumulate. Lymphatic congestion is a major factor leading to inflammation and disease. Dry skin brushing helps by stimulating your lymphatic system and helping it release toxins. Dry skin brushing can help encourage blood flow through the channels and move the metabolic waste that can build up in the tissues and lymph nodes.”
Decrease Bloating and Stimulate The Digestive System
Dry skin brushing can help with bloating because massaging the lymph nodes helps the body shed excess water and toxins. It has been shown to improve digestion and reduce bloating. (2) To help stimulate the digestive system further, drink a glass of warm water with lemon following dry skin brushing.
Improve The Look and Feel Of The Skin
Dry skin brushing unclogs your skins pores and helps the skin absorb more nutrients. It can also help exfoliate the skin and remove dead skin cells. Ms. Sourek added, “This process assists with the prevention of dry skin, as it stimulates sebum secretion from the sebaceous glands, leading to softer, lustrous skin.”
Diminish The Look Of Cellulite
Dry skin brushing may help to soften hard fat deposits below the skin while distributing fat deposits more evenly. This may help to diminish the appearance of cellulite. Dry skin brushing can tighten the skin and evenly distribute fat deposits while relieving edema.
The act of dry skin brushing has been described as meditative. It may reduce muscle tension, calm the mind, and relieve stress. Many compare it to a light whole-body massage that can be done in the comforts and privacy of the home.
Ms. Sourek provides the following tips on dry skin brushing:
1. Purchase a natural, none synthetic, bristle brush. Dry brushes are available at New Vitality Health Foods, Inc.
2. Dry brushing should be performed once a day, preferably first thing in the morning before taking a shower. Increase the time you dry brush or do it twice a day in order to boost the immune system when feeling the onset of a cold or flu.
3. Begin brushing the skin in long sweeping strokes starting from the bottom of the feet upwards. Always brush toward the heart. Stroking away from the heart places strain on the lymph vessels, as they only have one-way valve. Brushing towards the heart encourages lymph flow to the main lymphatic ducts.
4. Brush in a circular motion over the lymphs in the armpit and groin area, then continue to brush toward the heart. This circular motion will massage the lymphs further and encourage the release of toxins. Also, brush in a circular motion over the abdominal area in a clockwise motion.
5. Brush several times in each area, overlapping as you go. Use softer strokes and less pressure where the skin is thinner and use more pressure where the skin is tougher, such as the thighs and buttocks.
6. After brushing the entire body finish with a shower. It is therapeutic to alternate between the hottest water temperature that can be tolerated and the coldest. This stimulates blood circulation, bringing more blood to the top layers of the skin.
7. Dry brushes should be cleaned once every couple of weeks with mild soap and water.
8. Drink a full glass of water following dry brushing.
9. Interface aromatherapy with skin brushing; it is a good way to invigorate the senses and add additional therapeutic benefits.
About New Vitality Health Foods, Inc.:
Established in 1988, New Vitality Health Foods, Inc. provides Chicagolands’ largest selection of allergy-free foods that have met their high standards for taste, quality, and nutrition. New allergy-free foods are introduced weekly. New Vitality features only the highest quality, effective nutritional supplements to support their customers’ total health. They also carry frozen foods, vitamins, herbs, homeopathic, aromatherapy, body care, pet care, household items and much more. New Vitality Health Foods, Inc. is located at Orland Park Crossing, 14225 S. 95th Avenue Suite 410, Orland Park IL, 60462. (708) 403-0120 http://www.newvitalityhealthfoods.com