“Boundless is focused on the continual improvement of the OpenGeo Suite for the benefit of our customers and users.” noted Ann Johnson, Boundless CEO.
New York, NY & Washington, DC (PRWEB) August 20, 2015
Latest Version of Leading Open Source Geospatial Software Supports Big Spatial Data and Enhances Accessibility and Ease of Use
Boundless, the leading provider of Spatial IT solutions, today released OpenGeo Suite 4.7, the newest version of its powerful enterprise geospatial software platform.
OpenGeo Suite 4.7 is the latest version of Boundless’ leading open source geospatial software stack, powering web, mobile, and desktop maps and applications across organizations large and small. New capabilities and enhancements in Version 4.7 include:
- Support for GeoMesa, an open-source system leveraging GeoServer on top of Apache Accumulo that quickly stores, indexes, and queries hundreds of billions of geospatial features in a distributed, secure, bigtable database. Organizations with spatial data challenges beyond what traditional RDBMS solutions can handle now have additional data management options available.
- WPS Builder, a new web-based UI for configuring, executing and chaining WPS processes in GeoServer. Users less familiar with the traditional methods of crafting and executing WPS requests now have a visual utility to assist with executing their processes.
- Further enhancements to OpenGeo Suite Composer, which allows anyone to build and style maps by making it easier to add data to GeoServer, style layers, and publish to the Web. Numerous updates to editing, user interface, and overall user experience improvements are available to all OpenGeo Suite Enterprise customers.
- A new GeoServer extension for AWS CloudWatch, enabling GeoServer instances to be automatically scaled up and down in AWS environments based on service requests, errors, and response times
- Numerous updates to included packages, Mac support, and support for Java 8
- Numerous updates and bug fixes to all components to improve stability and reliability across the entire software stack
OpenGeo Suite Enterprise from Boundless is open source geospatial software designed for users with complex deployment requirements who want to build robust solutions for demanding production environments that often require features such as connections to enterprise databases, advanced runtime environments, or sophisticated clustering solutions in support of scalability requirements. Organizations with complex Enterprise needs should no longer feel locked in to proprietary software with significant license costs in order to accomplish sophisticated projects.
“Boundless is focused on the continual improvement of the OpenGeo Suite for the benefit of our customers and users.” noted Ann Johnson, Boundless CEO. “We believe OpenGeo Suite 4.7 adds exciting new capabilities and improvements in accessibility that we believe are incredibly relevant to today’s GIS use cases.”
Boundless offers a host of service packages and trainings to help customers and free users get the most from their OpenGeo Suite deployment. Boundless also supports a variety of deployment options, including on-premise and cloud environments such as AWS and Microsoft Azure.
About OpenGeo Suite
OpenGeo Suite is a complete spatial platform for managing data and building maps and applications across web browsers, desktops, and mobile devices. Built on leading open source geospatial software — including PostGIS, GeoServer, OpenLayers, and QGIS — OpenGeo Suite has a robust and flexible architecture that enables organizations to reliably manage and publish spatial data.
Boundless develops and supports powerful software for enterprise Spatial IT applications. Boundless provides platforms for managing data and building maps and applications designed for bringing spatial information into modern workflows. The experts at Boundless reduce the cost and time of deploying and managing spatial software with packaging, support, maintenance, professional services, and expert training. Learn more at boundlessgeo.com.