(PRWEB UK) 24 August 2015
Container-carrying capacity has increased by approximately 1,200% from 1,530 TEU (1968) to 19,000+ TEU (2014-2015) and continues to grow. Ports know that they have to adapt infrastructure to accommodate this, but how do they ensure that these projects are delivered on time and within budget?
Industry professionals are set to gather at the Port Infrastructure Development event in a few weeks to discuss best practice planning, design, construction, delivery and asset management to manage costs and ensure maximum productivity. The event will look at the challenges faced through the full lifecycle of various projects from feasibility, design and construction right through to asset management and life extension of various structures.
Europe’s only event dedicated to the entire port development process offers many case studies from major ports including:
- Henk Voogt, Asset Manager Port, Infrastructure, Port of Rotterdam
- Jens Erik Wegner, Landside Port, Infrastructure, Port of Hamburg Authority
- Einar Olsen, Port Director, Port of Drammen
- Simon Brett, Head of Projects Humber, Associated British Ports
- Sean Barker, Ports Sector Leader for Europe, Mott MacDonald
- Nigel Bodell, Head of Port Development, Port of Dover
- Denis Healy, Deputy CEO and Manager Engineering Services, Port of Cork
Port Infrastructure Development will take place 01-03 September 2015 in Rotterdam. Find the full program, speaker list and registration form online, call +44 (0)20 7036 1300 or email enquire(at)iqpc(dot)co(dot)uk.
Media contact: Caralina Wonnacott, +44 (0)20 7036 1382, Caralina(dot)Wonnacott(at)iqpc(dot)co(dot)uk or visit http://www.pidevent.com/news.
Press are invited to attend this important industry forum. If you would like a complimentary press pass please email Caralina Wonnacott at Caralina.Wonnacott(at)iqpc(dot)co(dot)uk.