"This awesome choir will be featured this Fall on an episode of "Funny Or Die's Comedy Show, "Billy on the Street w/Billy Eicher" on Tru TV & TBS," confirmed Lady Peachena.
Past News ReleasesRSS
Brooklyn, New York (PRWEB) August 23, 2015
The Late Show’s Gospel Choir Celebrate Their Success
It's time to celebrate. Lady Peachena & the famed Late Show's Gospel Choir, formerly of CBS TV’s “Late Show with David Letterman,” will celebrate their 20th Year Anniversary with a Celebration Concert on Saturday, September 12, 2015, at 6 p.m., at Mount Sinai Baptist Church, located at 241 Gates Avenue, between Franklin & Classon Avenues, in Brooklyn, NY.
The Late Show's Gospel Choir was formed in October 1995 by Grammy-nominated gospel singer, Lady Peachena, at Paul Shafer's (musical director of “The Late Show”) request when he needed a choir to film a video about a crazed guy named "MOE." However, Paul was so touched by this choir's amazing sound that he invited them to sing live on CBS TV's "LATE SHOW WITH DAVID LETTERMAN," the very next night, and they've been singing together ever since. “I never thought we’d be singing together 20 years later,” admitted Lady Peachena. “It’s because we always prayed together.”
Over the years, Lady Peachena & the Late Show's Gospel Choir have reached several milestones:
- The first gospel choir to be featured on a popular late-night comedy show, on a major network, CBS TV, for 10 years straight, from 1995 to 2005.
- The first gospel choir to record a national TV commercial for Proctor & Gamble's Crest Toothpaste Pump singing "Oh Happy Day," in 1999.
- The first gospel choir to be featured on a late night comedy show that wins an Emmy Award. The Late Show's Gospel Choir sang "Your Heart Will Go On" with comedian, Martin Shore, saluting David Letterman's successful heart bypass surgery, and this highly-rated show won an Emmy in 2001.
- The first gospel choir to be featured on MTV'S "MTV UNPLUGGED" as special guests of rock stars, Jared Leto & 30 Seconds to Mars sing U2's big hit, "Where the Streets Have No Names" in 2011. The male singers of this Choir sang with Jared Leto & 30 Seconds to Mars again last August 20, 2014, on NBC’s “Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon.”
- The first gospel choir to be special guests of People Magazine's 25th Anniversary Concert which was held at Madison Square Garden. The Choir sang with Mavis Staples, Brian McKnight, & Carole King.
- The first gospel choir dubbed The Inspirational Business Choir to film 14 commercial spots for GO DADDY last year during the Christmas Holidays which were seen by millions on http://www.YouTube.com.
- The first gospel choir to record on a reggae album with reggae icon, Burning Spear, on "JAH IS REAL," for which he won a Grammy Award in 2009.
During this memorable concert The Late Show's Gospel Choir will pay tribute to the music of the late Rev. James Cleveland, the king of contemporary Gospel music and the founder of the Gospel Music Workshop of America as well as the music of the late Bishop Walter Hawkins of the incomparable Hawkins Singers who revolutionized Gospel music with their world-wide smash hit, "Oh Happy Day."
The Choir's special guest will be Ms. Syreeta Thompson, known as "The Trumpet Lady," for she's a powerful trumpeter and singer who also performs with LFT's Levites Band of Love Fellowship Tabernacle of Brooklyn, NY, (where the renowned Bishop Hezekiah Walker is senior pastor). Ms. Thompson will be performing songs from her latest CD, "In His Presence."
VIP tickets (reserved front seats) are $30.00, and Regular tickets are $25.00. So order your tickets now, and treat the whole family to a glorious celebration of traditional and Urban Gospel music. You'll find yourself moving to the beat, and dancing in your seat as this anointed choir sings spirit-filled songs of praise, worship, and deliverance. Tickets can be purchased at: http://www.gospelchoirconcert.eventbrite.com.
To get more info about this phenomenal choir visit their website: http://www.lateshowsgospelchoir.com. To book them for your special event email Lady Peachena at: Bookings(at)lateshowsgospelchoir(dot)com.
Lena @Platinum Peachtree Records