Delray Beach, FL (PRWEB) August 27, 2015
Brandon Hall Group today announced release of results of two new research studies -- 2015 State of Learning and Development and 2015 Video Learning – on DataNow™, the research/analyst firm’s online research tool featuring proprietary and primary research data.
“This new data is the latest of several new important learning studies we are adding this year,” said Brandon Hall Group CEO Mike Cooke, “It’s important to understand that these are not research reports that include data – this is the actual data. And we are the only research/analyst firm in Human Capital Management where you can get this level of access to primary and proprietary data.”
State of Learning and Development 2015 examines how organizations in 40 countries and 33 industries are prioritizing and approaching learning. The data shows 55% of companies have a formal learning and development strategy in place. The prevalence of an L&D strategy grows with the size of the company, however. You will find them at 61% of large companies (more than 10,000 employees), 52% of mid-sized organizations (1,000 – 9,999 employees) and 48% of small companies (Fewer than 1,000 employees).
Conducted in June-July of 2015, other top findings from the research include:
- The biggest challenge to developing the L&D strategy is bringing all the stakeholders together, cited by 37% of organizations.
- More than one-third of companies say their L&D objectives are either not linked to corporate performance goals at all, or only linked to a small extent.
- Employee satisfaction and engagement are the most commonly used metrics to measure learning effectiveness.
Video Learning 2015 shows that 95% of companies use video at least in some capacity for learning, with the most common use being as a stand-alone learning tool used by 73% of companies. Organizations also use video as part of web-based training (66%) and for in-classroom viewing (58%); and they are typically used in compliance training, job-specific technical skills training, and job-specific soft skills training. Conducted in July 2015, the research includes responses from 40 countries and 32 industries.
DataNow™, available only through Brandon Hall Group membership, includes:
- Access to Brandon Hall Group's proprietary and primary research data.
- Timely, relevant HCM data, filtered by market size, geography and organizational performance.
- Ability to compare and contrast data points from leading HCM practices across high-performing organizations.
- Ability to conduct custom research projects internally.
- Ability to share data -- the right data -- with colleagues, customers, clients and partners.
For additional information about the DataNow™ please contact CEO Mike Cooke: (561) 865-5017 or mike.cooke(at)brandonhall(dot)com.
About Brandon Hall Group:
Brandon Hall Group is a HCM research and advisory services firm that provides insights around key performance areas, including Learning and Development, Talent Management, Leadership Development, Talent Acquisition and Workforce Management.
With more than 10,000 clients globally and 20 years of delivering world-class research and advisory services, Brandon Hall Group is focused on developing research that drives performance in emerging and large organizations, and provides strategic insights for executives and practitioners responsible for growth and business results.
At the core of our offerings is a Membership Program that combines research, benchmarking and unlimited access to data and analysts. The Membership Program offers insights and best practices to enable executives and practitioners to make the right decisions about people, processes, and systems, coalesced with analyst advisory services which aim to put the research into action in a way that is practical and efficient.