The movement of patients through a hospital is crucial to enable timely access to safe and efficient patient care and for producing optimal patient outcomes.
Adelaide, South Australia (PRWEB) September 30, 2015
Adelaide, SA September 30th, 2015 – Alcidion Corporation, a leading health informatics company based in Adelaide has launched their Electronic Bed Management (EBM) solution, Miya Bed Manager.
The movement of patients through a hospital is crucial to enable timely access to safe and efficient patient care and for producing optimal patient outcomes. Effective bed management plays a pivotal role in ensuring patient’s move through the hospital system in a timely and clinically safe manner.
The introduction of an Electronic Bed Management solution provides a real time holistic view of hospital capacity and demand, as well as retaining critical patient information required to place the patient in the correct bed, matching availability to a patient’s needs and dependency.
The Miya Bed Manager provides numerous benefits:
- Real time view of bed status, providing management and operational staff visibility and quantifiable data on the hospital capacity and availability, both internally within the hospital or across an entire health service.
- Electronic bed requests, drive workflow from the various admission sources through to bed admission without transcription errors or manual bed counts.
- Users update the system through interactive mobile devices, which offer a faster and simpler way to update the patient status than through traditional PC terminals. User are also not tied to their workstation and can update the system wherever they may be within the service.
- Live admission, transfer and discharge transactions can be managed, offering accurate reporting as well as providing a solid base on to which other location based systems can be built, such as order communications and electronic prescribing; or even meal ordering.
- Infection control teams can manage patient isolation as well as ‘at risk’ patients by identifying which patients require single rooms.
- Reporting and analysis tools allow managers to review ward activity and build business cases for change and improvement.
- Schedule care and maximise resources, through efficient planning made possible by having a live bed state and predication capabilities
- Build business cases by identifying the root causes of ‘bed blocking’, ED waiting times and bed availability through tangible data reviews.
“Miya Bed Manager is the Alcidion electronic bed management module and provides real time data about individual patient journeys as well as capacity and demand for beds across the entire health service.” explains [Leanne Dillon, Vice President Clinical Engagement.
“The key benefit is the transparency of information across the system: real time data is available wherever the staff member is on a mobile device – meaning everyone from the Nurse Unit Manager through to the Bed Manager and even the responsible executive is working from the same data” added Leanne.
Miya Bed Manager is currently installed and functional at three of Western Health’s acute campuses; Sunshine Hospital, Williamstown Hospital and Footscray Hospital.
### ENDS ###
For further information, please contact:
Ashleigh Wilby, Marketing Manager
Tel: 08 8208 4620
Nathan Buzza, Executive Vice President
Tel: 08 8208 4600
Alcidion Corporation is an innovative health informatics company that specializes in clinical products that improve productivity, safety and efficiency. Alcidion’s solutions target key problems for Emergency Rooms, Inpatient Services and Outpatient Departments and are built upon a next generation health informatics platform, which incorporates an intelligent EMR, Clinical Decision Support Engine, Data Integration Capability, Smartforms, Terminology Support and Standards Based Web Services.
Alcidion's focus is on delivering solutions that enable high performance healthcare and which assist clinicians by minimising key clinical risks, tracking patient progress through journeys and improving quality and safety of patient care.
© Alcidion Corporation 2015. Alcidion and Miya are registered trademarks. All other brands and product names and trademarks are the registered property of their respective companies.