“By launching the Acer Chromebook R 11, we are providing our customers with a greater choice of Chrome OS notebooks,” said Jerry Kao, president of Notebook Business Group at Acer.
Berlin (PRWEB) September 02, 2015
- Innovative 360 degree hinge design gives customers four versatile usage modes for work and play
- HD touch screen held steady by sturdy dual-torque hinges
- Powered by Intel® Celeron ® processors for fast performance
- Up to three times faster wireless performance with 2x2 MIMO 802.11ac wireless connection(1)
Today Acer, the market leader and pioneer in the Chromebook category, adds the company’s first convertible Chromebook to its line-up, the Acer Chromebook R 11. The new Chromebook is packed with the latest technology and features for a faster, more productive and flexible user experience.
Following the success of Chromebook line since Acer entered the space in 2011, the Chromebook R 11 is Acer’s first convertible notebook. It easily transitions between four usage modes: laptop, pad, display and tent modes, letting customers enjoy the Chromebook in a variety of settings.
According to Gartner, Acer is the world’s leading Chromebook brand with over 36 percent market share in 2014 .(2)
Four Modes to Fulfil Needs at Work or at Play
The Chromebook R 11 is equipped with Acer’s patented 360 degrees dual-torque hinge design, enabling customers to manipulate the display to any degree that is most comfortable for the setting. The dual-torque hinges keep the display secure and stable during touch control and while switching between the modes. Always smart, the audio channel output automatically reverses as the display changes orientation.
- Since the classic laptop experience is still a crucial part of the way people use their Chromebooks, users will find themselves right at home in laptop mode when they need to access the keyboard for an efficient and productive input experience.
- Pushing back the Chromebook into display mode hides the keyboard and brings the display closer to make the most of visuals and entertainment. As the Chromebook R 11 is flipped, the on-screen image automatically rotates 180 degrees to the correct viewing orientation.
- Tent mode provides an ideal viewing and touch experience in confined spaces such as when traveling on a plane or train.
- Push the display back 360 degrees so the Chromebook converts to pad mode for a quick and efficient way to play, share and browse. The Chromebook R 11 supports both landscape and portrait pad modes.
Lighter, Faster, More Powerful
At just 19.2 mm thin and weighing less than 1.25 kg, the Chromebook R 11 is designed to slip into book bags and backpacks effortlessly. This lightweight computer also packs a huge punch with Intel® Celeron® processors, ultra-fast 2x2 MIMO 802.11ac wireless connection, USB 3.0 port, and fast boot time.
Stylish Design and Vibrant Touch Screen
The Chromebook R 11 packs style as well as substance. The premium aluminum top cover is imprinted for a uniquely textured metallic finish using Acer nano-imprint technology
The 11.6-inch HD (1366 x 768) screen with wide viewing angle is complemented by an HD webcam with HDR (High Dynamic Range) imaging, with a crisp and vibrant touch screen display. The LED-backlit LCD screen has integrated 10-point touch, supporting Tap, Swipe and Pinch to Zoom gestures so any web page or app can benefit.
“By launching the Acer Chromebook R 11, we are providing our customers with a greater choice of Chrome OS notebooks,” said Jerry Kao, president of Notebook Business Group at Acer. “We already offer a variety of Chromebooks from 11 to 15 inches. The addition of the convertible series is another illustration of our commitment to our customers and the category.”
Chrome is Secure, Easy to Use and Share in Different Modes
The Acer Chromebook R 11 is the ideal device for a range of customers who view, edit, create and collaborate in programs such as Microsoft Office Online documents and Google Docs. Chromebooks are simple to use and ideal for sharing by multiple users, since users can log into their own account to access Docs, website bookmarks and other information. Storage on Google Drive protects files, documents, and photos safely in the cloud, and ensures that the most current version of the file or document is always available and safe, even if the Chromebook is lost or stolen.
Security is a key benefit of the Chrome OS, as it’s automatically updated to guard against ever-changing online threats. In addition, the Supervised Users feature helps get customers online in a safe, controlled way.
Pricing and Availability
The Acer Chromebook R 11 will be available in North America in October with prices starting from $299. It will also be available in EMEA starting in November at prices starting at €299. To find out about availability, product specifications and prices in specific markets, please contact your nearest Acer office or retailer via http://www.acer.com.
The new products were unveiled today at the next@acer press event at IFA Berlin in Germany, where the company announced its latest devices and solutions for gamers and consumers for the holiday season. Visit Acer’s booth at IFA 2015 in Messe Berlin (Hall 12/101) or learn about the new product range on acer.com/ifaberlin2015.
Established in 1976, Acer is a hardware + software + services company dedicated to the research, design, marketing, sale, and support of innovative products that enhance people's lives. Acer's product offerings include PCs, displays, projectors, servers, tablets, smartphones, and wearables. The company is also developing cloud solutions to bring together the Internet of Things. Acer employs 7,000 people and ranks No. 4 for total PCs globally (IDC 2014). Revenues for 2014 reached US$10.39 billion. Please visit http://www.acer.com for more information.
© 2015 Acer Inc. All rights reserved. Acer and the Acer logo are registered trademarks of Acer Inc. Other trademarks, registered trademarks, and/or service marks, indicated or otherwise, are the property of their respective owners.
(1) Based on an IEEE 802.11ac draft specification. Actual speed will vary based on range, connection rate, site conditions, size of network, and other factors.
(2) Gartner “Market Share: Devices, All Countries, 4Q14 Update” February 13, 2015